Sun's Not-So Sunny Day

Today I get my stitches out. Why am I afraid of that? So funny our fears. I can ride along a steep cliff, but can't stand against a window in a high rise.

BONER, BONER, BONER!!!

Yep! I said it!:lol:

My best friends nick name is Boner. I asked his dad why, he said the kid had a bony head when he came out so the name stuck. All his siblings, mom and dad called him boner. To this day, he is still known as boner.

Follow that link on D37. I've been kicking the idea around on buying this as well.

I read your link and wow! Lucky him! And how tragic for the other person who passed. It is lame that one waits till something bad happens to them before they learn to take precaution. It will be interesting to see how quickly I get comfortable on the bike. I see myself nervous when riding in remote areas. All I seem to think about is, what if something THIS bad happens again but Im somewhere like up in the LPNF or some remote desert location. Time can be the difference between alive or dead. Let alone the thought of riding out of a place with my leg facing backwards. I couldn't even roll over when I was on the ground let alone ride out of a place.

Thanks for the link. I highly recommend ALL OF US getting this. Especially if you ride aggressive or in remote locations. Keep in mind, I wasn't even riding aggressive. Just strolling in 3rd gear and washed out.

This topic also makes me wonder because I had a friend who owned a ranch in the desert. They didn't get good cell signal there. The signal would fade in and out and drop. She had a friend get knocked out by a pole her horse was tied to. The horse got spooked and pulled back and the pole came out of the ground hitting her friend in the head. She called her Husband first because she knew the signal wouldn't last or stay strong and that dispatch would have a ton of questions and they make get disconnected. So HE made the call for her form a different location while she (an ER, RN) tended to her friend. Well, they stayed on the phone asking him all kinds of questions while the clock ticked. She had told him to say "head trauma" and that she was an "RN" and knows well her friend's symptoms. It took FOREVER! The call was what took so long. What I wonder is, if you have a private company and you are paying for flight service, how much time do they waste deciding to dispatch or, is it automatic right away the flight is ordered. They said the reason they ask all the questions in her case was to determine ambulance or life flight. Head turama and her location should have been enough to say YES! I know when they were on the phone with them at my accident, it took them forever. They kept wanting to know which trail we were on. I wasn't sure what the name was of the trial but what I did know was, how easily they could spot us coming in from the North entrance, going down the road 1/3 a mile and looking to your left. You can see us from the road! The freaking operator didn't want to listen to those "simple" and "accurate" directions! They handed me the phone and I explained it so simple. And the bitch was arguing with me! I was yelling what part of my simple directions do you not get?! I was so pissed! Yet all they wanted was a trail name. It was ridiculous! It least 10 minutes on the phone with 911 and extremely frustrating. It would be nice to know with flight insurance, no questions asked, no time wasted.

Low end of the gene pool have those jobs. Basic training and here is the wheel! That's not good enough!! Could've told her what trail name it was and she still wouldn't figured it out.