Sun's Not-So Sunny Day

That's funny Diva! I tried the chainsaw on my leg but, it didn't work :cry:

Good to see your still here Emily. One of the few females who haven't left:lol::thumb:

I wish I could have enjoyed the hell ride. But nothing about was enjoyable. Loud, vibrating, and the male nurse didn't have any personality and was not comforting at all. I remember turning my head to see the pilot and what I saw was a guy eating food on his lap with both hands! I didn't see anyone controlling the helicopter. It must of been on auto pilot or something. Needless to say, looking back and seeing that didn't comfort me either.

I recommend a hell ride over the Grand Canyon or Hawaii instead.
what a story !!

No Titanium for me:prof: Only swiss stainless steel is in this leg.

My Doc said he doesn't use Titanium for everything and doesn't really like it. He's been doing ortho surgeries for over 32 years. Acts like he knows his stuff. I pray he does.

No Titanium for me:prof: Only swiss stainless steel is in this leg.

My Doc said he doesn't use Titanium for everything and doesn't really like it. He's been doing ortho surgeries for over 32 years. Acts like he knows his stuff. I pray he does.
I sort of feel jipped not getting Titanium. Everyone seems to get a boner over it haha!

Swiss steel is an excellent choice. It really is 2nd to none other than Krups..

you said boner :smirk:

you guys need read and pay attention, swiss painless steel.

Speaking of "painless"....when is it going to end? Does anybody know? It feels like it has gotten worse in the last couple of days. I can't take narcotics, they make me sick. Im going on over two weeks of Motrin 800. Im trying to only take it once a day. But the last couple of days the throbbing, aching and sharp pains are killing me!! Is this normal? Like normal for the pain to flare up? I thought it was just going to get better and better. As in less and less pain as time goes on. Except for physical therapy. I KNOW that will hurt.

Im going insane stuck here at home and in pain. Im so over this. It is the most frustrating thing I have been through. I have broken many bones but never surgery. Except a C-section and this is even worse then that!

I see the doctor tomorrow to have my stitches removed. I hope he doesn't make me even more miserable. Because his personality alone is miserable. I hope he didn't screw up on my surgery. He just seems like he has job burn out. He didn't even show me an Xray of my leg after they took the X-ray on my last visit. I got to thinking about that after I left. Typically they throw the Xray up and show you the work they have done. Ya? Agree? Instead he said how pleased he was with my leg and how good it looked. Told me to start moving my ankle and told me to go get a boot fitted. And that was it. I feel like he is just waiting to retire. His beside manner is so, so, nothing. Arrogance mixed with aloof. It is not comforting.

Sorry for whining but I think I need a diaper change. Im feeling a bit babyish.

Oh poor sun!!! I feel bad for you girlie.... The pain is from healing and the lack of you not being able to take good drugs. Sorry, it's a rough one without drugs. When I blew my knee out 19+ years ago I was way younger than we are now. So I kept the drugs flowing, and the pain away for two months. Then physical terrorist kicked in and I wanted to cry!!! It's harder when we are older, and I feel for you. Wished we were closer, you could help me get the YZ's back together. That would keep you busy.
Take care sis, this will come to pass. :thumb:

Oh poor sun!!! I feel bad for you girlie.... The pain is from healing and the lack of you not being able to take good drugs. Sorry, it's a rough one without drugs. When I blew my knee out 19+ years ago I was way younger than we are now. So I kept the drugs flowing, and the pain away for two months. Then physical terrorist kicked in and I wanted to cry!!! It's harder when we are older, and I feel for you. Wished we were closer, you could help me get the YZ's back together. That would keep you busy.
Take care sis, this will come to pass. :thumb:

Well, it's afternoon now and another Motrin and Im feeling a bit better. I was having a moment this morning and just needed some "love" AND some "harden the fuck up because it could be worse!" I got both from friends this morning and Im feeling better already.

Thanks Buddy:hug:

Well, it's afternoon now and another Motrin and Im feeling a bit better. I was having a moment this morning and just needed some "love" AND some "harden the fuck up because it could be worse!" I got both from friends this morning and Im feeling better already.

Thanks Buddy:hug:

Yah, I didn't want to pitty party you on FB also, I kept it here where it is less of the social media scene. Happy your feeling better. So go wish diva a hippo birdie, and toss a whiskey back for me too. That makes everything good. And I do believe it has part to do with cabin fever. Any way you can get out on your own, do it!!! Just be careful. :cripple::thumb:

Sun, a quick story about when GMan broke his arm a few years ago in the dez.....

Ridgecrest splints him up and sends us back to the trailer with Norco for pain. The pain meds make him sick so he doesn't take it. We are in the Dez for two more nights. Monday morning back home, I take him to the orthopedic doc. Surgery scheduled for Thursday. Saturday morning he is riding his skateboard!!! Keep in mind he has 3 pins sticking out of his cast above the wrist. I yell at him to get off the skateboard and go back in the house. 30 or so minutes later the little shit is on his moms quad!!! What the hell?? Get off the damn quad!! Crazy kids!!

Moral of the story don't be a crazy kid!!

Take your time and heal up.

:USA:

What, you shave your legs for your mountain bike riding and cut your self with the razor?
Uh yah, everybody knows if you shave your legs you cut through the wind better.....:Proof: and yes, those razors cuts are the worst...:smirk:

Sun - When I broke mine and had the surgery it was painful. I do have titanium in my angle and the worst is after having it elevated at night and swinging the leg out of bed to step on the floor. all the blood rushes down and it throbs like crazy. I had surgery on Friday after noon and back at work on Monday. I did have a desk job, but I would have to elevate or it would hurt like crazy. Vicodin was my friend and when I am on it, i will tell you really how i feel, so meetings were excellent. Give it time, as Palmer stated, getting older blows and takes longer to heal. I was stuffing my foot in a boot in 2 months and riding.

Sun, a quick story about when GMan broke his arm a few years ago in the dez.....

Ridgecrest splints him up and sends us back to the trailer with Norco for pain. The pain meds make him sick so he doesn't take it. We are in the Dez for two more nights. Monday morning back home, I take him to the orthopedic doc. Surgery scheduled for Thursday. Saturday morning he is riding his skateboard!!! Keep in mind he has 3 pins sticking out of his cast above the wrist. I yell at him to get off the skateboard and go back in the house. 30 or so minutes later the little shit is on his moms quad!!! What the hell?? Get off the damn quad!! Crazy kids!!

Moral of the story don't be a crazy kid!!

Take your time and heal up.

:USA:

Crazy kid is right!:loco:

Why do I feel like the kid suffered for two days in the desert so you could have fun? I guess that is teaching them to man up at a young age.

The more I think about my accident the more it makes me wonder what I would have done in the desert in the condition I was in. I mean hours I would have waited in excruciating pain. I would not have been able to ride out. I think I would have passed out trying. It really does make me think about serious injury in very remote locations. Especially if you have other internal injuries and time lost can make a difference. This experience makes me want to get life flight insurance. Because any riding I do out of LA County, air lift could be necessary and would be pricey!

Thanks Rack. One thing I do have now is time. :coffee:

Uh yah, everybody knows if you shave your legs you cut through the wind better.....:Proof: and yes, those razors cuts are the worst...:smirk:

Sun - When I broke mine and had the surgery it was painful. I do have titanium in my angle and the worst is after having it elevated at night and swinging the leg out of bed to step on the floor. all the blood rushes down and it throbs like crazy. I had surgery on Friday after noon and back at work on Monday. I did have a desk job, but I would have to elevate or it would hurt like crazy. Vicodin was my friend and when I am on it, i will tell you really how i feel, so meetings were excellent. Give it time, as Palmer stated, getting older blows and takes longer to heal. I was stuffing my foot in a boot in 2 months and riding.

Well that is manning up! Back to work on Monday.
I can just picture you drugged up in meetings:spin: That must of been entertaining.