Street Bikes Thread

Nice one! looks like a 10-13 version of my bike. Super machine was out all day on mine all day yesterday.

88540AAE-AF1D-4329-B49E-7B274374C8A1.jpg

be out in the dirt a day tomorrow don't get any better than that :)

try carbs on a v4 :banghead:
I just picked up a 1985 700 Magna basket-case. I am not looking forward to rebuilding and syncing those carbs, if it ever gets to that stage.
Edit; Just tore into it today, and it's not quite the basket-case I had thought. It runs strong, but has what is referred by those in the know as the "Magna 2nd gear slip".
Apparently it's quite common.
It might get on the road someday...

Last edited:
Caught a giant insect today out on a country road. Right in the visor between the eyes. don't know what kind of bug it was but its insides was yellow. I spent the next half an hour trying to not see it. Anybody have a practical solution to this problem of buggy vision? I'm thinking an eye dropper full of water beneath the seat and a few paper towels rolled up.

I just found tear offs for my road helmet. If they're anything like the ones for my dirt goggles they will be a bit blurry but I'll have to buy a new shield to find out. Anybody use these?

Last edited:
Caught a giant insect today out on a country road. Right in the visor between the eyes. don't know what kind of bug it was but its insides was yellow. I spent the next half an hour trying to not see it. Anybody have a practical solution to this problem of buggy vision? I'm thinking an eye dropper full of water beneath the seat and a few paper towels rolled up.
That's basically what I do. I carry a small rag and a 2 oz spray bottle of windex in a saddlebag. There should be room under a seat for that.