Street Bikes Thread

Here is my first "real" street bike:
05 R1
DSC01150.jpg

R1-1.jpg

Full Graves Racing titanium racing exhaust.
Power commander
Pazzo levers
Renthal Grips
Sub Zero windshield
Driven gearing with Gold chain -1 upfront
Flush mount turns signals up front
Integrated turns signals in rear tail light.
CTR stickers front and rear for added horsepower. :smirk:

This was a sweet bike.

I may have the oppourtunity to buy a 2002 R6 "project" bike for $1200. It has been wrecked, but only messed up the tank and some rash on the frame and needs a new tail. He says it will run, but it sat for a year (hasn't ran for a year) and now the carb needs a clean. The bike only has 8,000 miles on it!! http://roanoke.craigslist.org/mcy/3613100858.html

Here's the deal, my current bike will take about $500 or more to fix. It needs a new front wheel, exhaust work, rust in tank, needs tail fairings, petcock, headlight/trailtech, and a carb clean/sync. Hell that's probably over $500. Also, the title is a little sketchy, it was night time (the source for all my problems on this bike). The title is from the owner before the guy I bought from and has a sell date of 9/14/12, in which I will have to change the sell date somehow because that is far past the 60 day requirement.

The R6, on the other hand needs a carb clean and a tail (from what I can tell). It will be worth much more when I'm finished, and probably safer than the death trap I have now. Clean title too.

Should I borrow the money, buy the R6, then part out the CBR? I think I could atleast get $1000 by parting it out.

Engine- $400-500 (my dad's company can help me with the heavy shipping)
Chrome swingarm- $100
Carbs (need clean)- $50
Forks- $100
Chrome rear wheel w/road rash- $50
Gauge cluster- $100
Frame- $200-$300 (I will raise the price depending on if I can get it titled)
Chrome Two Bros exhaust- $100 (I will have to fix the mount though)

That's all I can think of right now, I know there will be some other small cheap parts left to sell.

What do yall think? I think the R6 will be cheaper, better, and a much better resale than my 1997 CBR ever will.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Maybe, I see alot of work needed here. I would be leary of any bike without all of it's fairings. Could have a cracked frame or twisted headstock. Be careful. You'll put 500-1K into this 2002 right off the bat. But the choice is yours. I love "a bike in a box!"

Parting out that 1997 looks profitable. -BIG DAN

Maybe, I see alot of work needed here. I would be leary of any bike without all of it's fairings. Could have a cracked frame or twisted headstock. Be careful. You'll put 500-1K into this 2002 right off the bat. But the choice is yours. I love "a bike in a box!"

Parting out that 1997 looks profitable. -BIG DAN

Thanks! I think inthe end, for the same money, I can build a much better bike with better resale if I go with the r6