All Stewards of The Sierra National Forest Dual Sport Ride

I am running 13/50, desmogged, EU map, FMF pipe, Enduro Engineering seat (soft foam, it's like I didn't ride for 3 days), shark fin, radiator guards, carbon fiber/plastic injected skid plate (not like the pure carbon fiber that I tore through in 2 days on my WR), Scotts damper (mounting kit wan't available yet, should be here in a few days).

To me, while the 500 may handle like it, it is 10lbs heavier which is one thing I was looking to shed and the 350 rev's quicker than the 500. For the tight, twisty of the mtns and the rocky single track of the desert, that type of power delivery is more preferrable for me. I find it much more managable. The DOHC allows for a faster, higher reving motor than the SOHC of the 500. I found it much easier to keep the bike pointed in the direction I was going or to change that direction like threading a needle through the pine trees.

It's all about what and where you find yourself riding most of the time. Kinda like the 80/20 rule. You get a bike for the 80% of the riding and you deal with it for the other 20%.

Help?? They should have taken up basket weaving a long time ago, no helping that:P

Main Entry: kar·ma
Pronunciation: \ˈkär-mə also ˈkər-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Sanskrit karma fate, work
Date: 1827
1 often capitalized : the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence 2 : vibration 4

Main Entry: kar·ma
Pronunciation: \ˈkär-mə also ˈkər-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Sanskrit karma fate, work
Date: 1827
1 often capitalized : the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence 2 : vibration 4
That has potential:thinking:

13/50 is probably a great combo for what you were doing in vids! The 14' 350 and 14' 500 are only 4 lbs apart so there isn't a huge difference in actual weight. I think the 500 handles every bit as good as the 350. The only time you notice a small difference is probably at 0-5 mph when in the super tight stuff. But the loads of torque the 500 has makes it easier to get through the bad stuff. (But that loads of power can get you in trouble also I suppose) After owning the 350 and 500 for a year or so each, I can say the 500 is my cup of tea though. The 350 has a ton of power (more than anyone would need) but I wasn't a fan of how it made it. I didn't like riding it in the upper rpms all the time to really get all the power. But that's preference I suppose. The 350 gives you that feeling that you can do anything. It's really confidence inspiring! I loved it. I learned how to ride more on that bike in one month, than I did on my YZ250 in a year. lol Regardless of what bike you choose, they are both fantastic. If I had to choose one, it would be the 500, for the sole purpose of the power it has and the excitement that comes with it. But you have a great bike and don't let anyone tell you different. Congrats on drinking the Kool Aid.

I am running 13/50, desmogged, EU map, FMF pipe, Enduro Engineering seat (soft foam, it's like I didn't ride for 3 days), shark fin, radiator guards, carbon fiber/plastic injected skid plate (not like the pure carbon fiber that I tore through in 2 days on my WR), Scotts damper (mounting kit wan't available yet, should be here in a few days).

To me, while the 500 may handle like it, it is 10lbs heavier which is one thing I was looking to shed and the 350 rev's quicker than the 500. For the tight, twisty of the mtns and the rocky single track of the desert, that type of power delivery is more preferrable for me. I find it much more managable. The DOHC allows for a faster, higher reving motor than the SOHC of the 500. I found it much easier to keep the bike pointed in the direction I was going or to change that direction like threading a needle through the pine trees.

It's all about what and where you find yourself riding most of the time. Kinda like the 80/20 rule. You get a bike for the 80% of the riding and you deal with it for the other 20%.

So, how was the ride anyway? Trying to read through all this mumbo jumbo to find worth while information is too time consuming. Big turn out, new bikes to ride for some, what else?

So, how was the ride anyway? Trying to read through all this mumbo jumbo to find worth while information is too time consuming. Big turn out, new bikes to ride for some, what else?
I was not there but I can give you what I know. They did a 32 mile pre-ride on Friday. 133 miles on Saturday and 94 miles on Sunday. Turd sniffer put his tail between his legs and bought an Orange Blossom for "his wife" and can't stop talking about how great it is. Already talking about dumping the WR450. Weather was good. It was dusty but had a great time. Turd splitter likes to ditch his group and ride off by himself as he shows in his videos. (He's too cool for the group ya know). :smirk:

I'm bummed I didn't make it but other priorities came up.

Not sure if anyone from the group took pictures and will share.

Hope this helps. :wave: