Steering dampers???

I have the Scott's under mount and yes the little knob is small to adjust when riding but I do not do this all that often. I pretty much set it and forget it. Also, I would prefer to buy one that is new as well. This coming from yet another internet person.

I guess I would buy new then if I go through with it...not because of peace of mind though...but because people on the internet told me to do so :smirk: :lol:

But really, I see what you guys mean. The little difference it would cost to buy new is worth knowing you get warranty plus peace of mind. One of the reasons we went with a new bike (cause 4 strokes are expensive to fix! lol)

You know it's right if you read it on the WWW.

It's pretty simple:
  1. Get a box
  2. Put steering damper inside box
  3. Tape box shut
  4. Write the following on top of the box:
    • Dirt Bike Addicts
    • PO Box 502
    • Middlebury, IN 46540
  5. Add postage
  6. Drop it off at the Post Office
Did you want over or under mount?

SRAD97750

Staff member
I need one too, with desert racing on my mind I went out and gave the desert a full shot of the WR500. Let's just say the front end was dancing like a white boy in "da club." It wasn't too pretty...
I think it'll make full throttle a little less hectic...

Well I made up my mind yesterday on if I am going to get a stabilizer after going 90+ mph at the desert yesterday. And I am. The bike is really stable though but at times when the ground became bumpy the bars were moving and the wobbles were coming. Also it probably could have helped on the really rocky hills we went up yesterday as well.

Well I made up my mind yesterday on if I am going to get a stabilizer after going 90+ mph at the desert yesterday. And I am. The bike is really stable though but at times when the ground became bumpy the bars were moving and the wobbles were coming. Also it probably could have helped on the really rocky hills we went up yesterday as well.
going 90 is not your biggest issue, its chopping the throttle at 90 that will get the frontend doing the safety dance.

going 90 is not your biggest issue, its chopping the throttle at 90 that will get the frontend doing the safety dance.

This is exactly what I noticed when trying out our bikes at high speeds on the lakebed. Pinning the throttle, shifting, braking at all highway speeds caused me to feel noticeable movement in the handlebars...on the flat lakebed. Can't imagine what it would do on the trail at those speeds if I hit a rock, rut, root etc... Granted, it was MUCH more stable than my yz250 but still got wobbly none the less. But I would still like to try riding a bike with a stabilizer before the $ departs my wallet.

ya i like ridding with renthals and you can only mount those underneath! i liked mine it didnt both me it just raized up the bars some.
What JR failed to mention is that he runs Twin Walled bars with a cross bar. You can mount a top mount on these bars as they did in the old days and just bend the cross bar a little as so:

d_65461.jpg

As I mentioned before, the GPR4 is an under mount and will only raise your bars about 3/8" which is not that much.

It's pretty simple:
  1. Get a box
  2. Put steering damper inside box
  3. Tape box shut
  4. Write the following on top of the box:
    • Dirt Bike Addicts
    • PO Box 502
    • Middlebury, IN 46540
  5. Add postage
  6. Drop it off at the Post Office

Oh wait, I think I foudn the deeeerections right..............................

here!!! :finger: NOPE, not doing it!!! :smirk: