Sprockets and chains

ok. my email is atcpumping@aol.com if you want to send me a note and when i get some time this weekend I will get the manual out (i have the oe shop manual for it) and catch you up on what i want. i am doing it with the idea that i could just ride off when done for a few thousand miles

ok. my email is *********@aol.com if you want to send me a note and when i get some time this weekend I will get the manual out (i have the oe shop manual for it) and catch you up on what i want. i am doing it with the idea that i could just ride off when done for a few thousand miles
you might want to remove your email and send it in a PM to avoid it being blasted across the world wide interwebness. :thumb: just saying not telling.

Here you go consider this Pepto-Bismol for your up-set stomach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Bj_dPa4cVvI
This next video tells you where your SuperSprox came from. It was originally a SideWinder idea. That get stolen.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VOzeZxsCaC0
This is what I have on my bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xt9YVs4-Nr4
Sidewinder is garbage. Just the smell of that snake oil makes me sick.
You stick to what works for you. I'll continue to run what I know to be a solid product.

Last edited:
If you are not a loyal kind guy. Then I understand why you would buy second best products. Why would you spend over $300 on a chain and sprocket set-up? If you buy a different brand bike a year or two down the road.. Totally agree with you there. But, If you a loyal brand kinda guy like me. I am different. I bought my SideWinder chain and sprockets for a 1998 CR500 in I beleive 2002. Well guess what, Those verry same Chain and Sprockets are now on my 2010 CR500af. How much money did these sprockets save me. I do not know but, I can say I bet your chain and sprockets would be toast on even your bike after a year or two. Renthal sprockets are fine if you are in a pinch. They will only last for maybe four or five hard rides. These are the bikes the same sprockets have been on. First one was the 1998 CR500 second was the 2000 CR500 and finally my current bike a 2010 CR500af. I will try and post pics of my rear sprocket this weekend.
I do plan on buying a different size rear this summer. It will be a SideWinder Ti-Molly II rear 48 tooph. Oops I mean TOOTH. :smirk:
Stainless and Ti- Molly are stronger than steel.! :prof: No matter how you shape the sprocket.! :prof:
I want the strongest, longest lasting sprockets money can buy.
Not to mention they were also on Doug Domokos bikes.

If you are not a loyal kind guy. Then I understand why you would buy second best products. Why would you spend over $300 on a chain and sprocket set-up? If you buy a different brand bike a year or two down the road.. Totally agree with you there. But, If you a loyal brand kinda guy like me. I am different. I bought my SideWinder chain and sprockets for a 1998 CR500 in I beleive 2002. Well guess what, Those verry same Chain and Sprockets are now on my 2010 CR500af. How much money did these sprockets save me. I do not know but, I can say I bet your chain and sprockets would be toast on even your bike after a year or two. Renthal sprockets are fine if you are in a pinch. They will only last for maybe four or five hard rides. These are the bikes the same sprockets have been on. First one was the 1998 CR500 second was the 2000 CR500 and finally my current bike a 2010 CR500af. I will try and post pics of my rear sprocket this weekend.
I do plan on buying a different size rear this summer. It will be a SideWinder Ti-Molly II rear 48 tooph. Oops I mean TOOTH. :smirk:
Stainless and Ti- Molly are stronger than steel.! :prof: No matter how you shape the sprocket.! :prof:
I want the strongest, longest lasting sprockets money can buy.
Not to mention they were also on Doug Domokos bikes.
yeah, and sunstar work-z are on all the AM-Pro Yamaha's, most of the KTM's of the GNCC series, probably the harshest conditions you can put a chain/sprocket through. How many of those teams are running sideshit? Not a one.

:doh: Do they buy them sprockets? No they do not. Do the teams change the sprockets every month or so. I think they do. You can not compair what the Pro's use on the bike they do not own.
There are more Priveteers on the tracks and trails than there are pro's. I bet if you went talked to most of the amatures you would be surprised on what they run. I am not saying they all will run SideWinders. But, More than you think. :thumb:

I don't run just any
:doh: Do they buy them sprockets? No they do not. Do the teams change the sprockets every month or so. I think they do. You can not compair what the Pro's use on the bike they do not own.
There are more Priveteers on the tracks and trails than there are pro's. I bet if you went talked to most of the amatures you would be surprised on what they run. I am not saying they all will run SideWinders. But, More than you think. :thumb:
The same can be said for Doug, I seriously doubt he had to pay for any of the products he used.
Although it may be true they don't have to buy it, no competitive team would take a risk running an inferior product, especially a drive component
You forget that I race a ton, I know what they're running, not a single sidewinder to be found, plenty of sunstar, ironman, renthal and the like though.

Last edited:
Not that I care what anyone else runs; but my take on loyalty is "whatever works, works. Whatever works better, works better. Whatever works best, works best." I switch whenever I find something else works better or just as good for equal money.

That sounds good. I can respect that. SideWinders sprockets are a little heavier than most others. So I can see why riders who ride bikes with less hp. Would not want to use them. :smirk: :poke:

I must admit, the first couple posts were simply a :stirthepot: moment. I really don't care what you ride, what gear you wear or what components you use, if you aren't a complete asshole and enjoy riding bikes we'll probably get along just fine. I have used sunstar for a vast majority of my time riding/racing and never had to replace a piece for anything other than a gearing change, they have earned my trust through trial, I abuse stuff, I break stuff that I have no idea how I broke, but I have never broken anything from sunstar, they have earned their place on my bike through trial by fire.