Sorry to be back so soon. Help is NEEDED!

With only 2 - 3 hrs. run time ? I just don't understand ....
Because I just spent all this money to rebuild it and just felt "better safe than sorry" so I wanted to open it back up for a peace of mind.
Also found this piece of rubber inside here by the oil cleaner, only thing I can think of is a seal, right? So looking more like Ima need to just disassemble so I can find out what seal this is and replace it.

Attachments

• 20210913_155306.jpg
    20210913_155306.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 23
Yep, water gets everywhere. Not even something to consider after you have taken the head bolts loose.
Set the timing, put it back together and check the valve clearances.
Report back. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I found what looks to be a seal on this opening on left side of case. Wondering if its possible(can be done without destroying anything) to be able to leave clutch plate and gears all installed on ride side of case and separate case on this left side? This way I can save some time plus hoping seal is someone on left side of case since this where I found it. Lmk?

Attachments

• 20210913_155306.jpg
    20210913_155306.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210913_173931.jpg
    20210913_173931.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 18
I'm just gonna be a spectator ... Where's the popcorn ..?
Lol. All out.
Whole bottom end was good. Cracked case open, sprayed compressed air to dry inside from anti freeze. Sprayed all the bearings good then hit em all with assembly lube, transmission and all other gears as well. Put bottom end back together.
Going to water park tomorrow then zip lining day after so will update yall in few days when I put top end back together and take her for another spin.

No, I seen a video showing if I can wind it in, and when I tap it, if it releases on its own then its still good but if more knowledgeable people think its possibly a cause that contributed to skipped timing and thay its best to replace then I have no problem doing so. Oem is only 50-70 bucks I think
I’ve seen problems going back with the old tensioner. Too many to feel comfortable not replacing it.

Thread is old(Sorry forgot to come back and update) but Chapparral bs'd with me for a month n change. After emailing me that tensioner was ready for pick up, never was and they kept claiming it will arrive next week. After they did 3 times I just ended up ordering it from Partzilla.

Needless to say, put it all back together, complete top n bottom end rebuild and all is good and other day tossed some new plastics with new graphics on so she new new, lol.

Im ALWAYS appreciative of the ones that chime in with help and suggestions

Last edited: