Sometimes Its All About The Rider.

James

Staff member
I know of at least 6 at our local tracks. I also know 3 CR500af's. I don't always commet on the 500cc's I also commet on 125 and 250 two strokes. I do know that up here their are more and more two strokes coming to the tracks.
What are the names of these tracks?

I also just want you to know that I know its all about the rider. The 90-10 percentage thing. A friend of mine took a clapped out 05 KX125 and smoked one of the faster guys at the practice track who was on a 2010 KX450f. Just to show him he could do it on a KX125. Do I agree with Its the rider that makes the bike? Yes I do. I would just like to see these faster riders test ride thw two strokes. Give the two stroke one week to get used to it. Then see which bike they are faster on. Even if they show they are faster on a four stroke, I would bet they will agree to say they had more fun on the two stroke. Just saying.
If their are manufacter's still producing the 125- 500cc two stroke. Let them be included in the shoot outs. Why not.? Obviously people still buy them. There is no need for the mags to push them to the side.
This is what I mean I have seen magazines with the 250f and 450f shoot outs. Then in the same magazine have a Test ride with the 125 and 250cc two strokes. Why have them seperated. ? Put them in the shoot out with the four strokes. Just bing in the same mag the same month does not do the bike any justice.
I am sorry, I seem to be venting some anger. I just had bad news told to me. So please forgive me.

James

Staff member
I would just like to see these faster riders test ride thw two strokes. Give the two stroke one week to get used to it.
The thing that you seem to be forgetting is that 95% of these riders started out on a 2 stroke before they moved to a [4 stroke] big bike. So they know all about 2 strokes. :thumb:
Even if they show they are faster on a four stroke, I would bet they will agree to say they had more fun on the two stroke. Just saying.
That's very true, most do tell me that they love riding 2 strokes. However at the end of the day you have to be on the bike that you're the fastest on, be it a 2 or 4 stroke....Just saying.

Also a few of the A/B riders do have a 250 (2 stroke) and 450F. The 250 is raced in the 250A/B and the 450F in the OpenA/B classes.

BTW once I get back on the bike it'll most likely be a 125, just for the fun factor, don't really care about going fast or racing. :ride:

AMA District 3 and 4. Plus USMX Upstate NY. Moto Masters, Cato, Thorn Wood, Area 51, Frozen Ocean, Hog Back Hill, Full Throttle MX, Free Stone there is a bunch. Broome Tioga and Unadilla which I know you have heard of before. Hickoy Hill which is now called Paradox MX. Did you think I was fantisizing? :smirk: :thumb:

I have read articles in the mags from concerned parrents in regards of their child having to go from a 85cc to a 250cc four stroke in order to race their age groups. This is what happens today.

James

Staff member
I have read articles in the mags from concerned parrents in regards of their child having to go from a 85cc to a 250cc four stroke in order to race their age groups. This is what happens today.
And here you've been saying that they need to be racing a 500? :lol::lol:

Most will go from 85 to supermini (112cc) to 250F and they're typically 15ish when they go to big bikes (250f).

BTW with you being all about power-to-weight ratio, Supermini's can have a better power-to-weight ratio than a 250F, so in a sense they're downgrading when moving up. :smirk:

And most everyone who has a 450 say's their 450 has more power and torque than a CR or KX500. So whats wrong with the 500cc two stroke if they say the 450 has more everything.
This is about the Rider and I would have to say that if a rider was to actually give the two stroke a equal chance to get used to it. That rider would be faster on the two stroke. Not just the 500 but a two stroke in general. That kid on that big 112cc if he was not used to the power of that bike he most likely would not have been able to pull away from those 450's. He rode and rode that bike on a every other day ruttine getting used to it. Now if that kid was on a 250sx and practiced with it the same way. He may not have needed to fight so much breaking away from them.