Sometimes Its All About The Rider.

I wonder how much the 85 was bored and stroked to. I would say at least 112cc. I like seeing video's like that. That kid probally could not do that with a CRF150. It's not fast enough. Two stroke all the way.
four strokes do not belong on a MX track.

Where have you been these last few years. I think you need to have a look at what is out there ripping up the soil. :moon:
I do see. I see a more and more two strokes at the tracks every weekend. :moon:
I also see more and more riders converting their 250f ar 450f into a CR or KX500af.. This is the most popular build. If they can not buy from SH or MPS they biuld thier own.

There was an article in dirt rider years ago where they put the same riders on the a 250f, a 250 2t, and a 450, on all but the most wide open track the 250f was the fastest, on no track was the 250 faster than either 4 stroke.

James

Staff member
I do see. I see a more and more two strokes at the tracks every weekend. :moon:
I also see more and more riders converting their 250f ar 450f into a CR or KX500af.. This is the most popular build. If they can not buy from SH or MPS they biuld thier own.
I'm actually seeing less [big bike] 2 strokes out there and I'm pretty confident in saying that in all my travels I've yet to see a 500 at the local track.

How many people do you see racing a 500 at your local track(s)?
Yea, I'm sorry about that commet. Its just the way I feel for the outdoor series. I will try and not be so blunt ok.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion, it's how you said it. You said it as a fact "four strokes do not belong on a MX track", instead you should've said something like "I wish they would bring back the 2 strokes on the mx track".

In case you weren't aware, amateur rules allow for equal displacement, as in a 250 (2 stroke) races against a 250f. However kids are still picking 4 strokes over 2 strokes. Not to mention the ones who do race a 250, aren't always aren't front.

James

Staff member
There was an article in dirt rider years ago where they put the same riders on the a 250f, a 250 2t, and a 450, on all but the most wide open track the 250f was the fastest, on no track was the 250 faster than either 4 stroke.
Having been to a lot of amateur events I'd have to agree with that last part. In the 250 classes the 250f's are usually out front. However the rider and their preferences do have a lot to do with it (they own that 250f for a reason).

Having been to a lot of amateur events I'd have to agree with that last part. In the 250 classes the 250f's are usually out front. However the rider and their preferences do have a lot to do with it (they own that 250f for a reason).
Theres a lot more that comes into it than the bike, its still 90% rider 10%bike no matter what anybody tells you. The 4stroke just makes it a lot easier to go fast.
This is coming from someone shopping for a yz250 :devil: