Sometimes Its All About The Bike.

I chose my 92 RM250 for a couple of reasons. First is its a Suzuki. Second it was what I could afford at the time. From the beginning I started out riding Suzuki's. I like the way they handle. The 92 250 I posted once I got it healthy made way more power than I could or would ever use. I dont ride motocross but back in the day my bike was raced and the prior owner did very well with it. Im a Desert racer and recreational trail rider. And the bike adapted to it very well. In particular with the handling on tight twisty trails or single track. But I know it was a formidable beast on the MX track also. Since then Ive moved on to a different bike. 2001 CR 250. Mostly for parts availability and more up to date suspension. The Honda is a MX machine. But Ive successfully transformed it into a nice desert bike. It does well on single track and twisty trails. But Ive had to change up my riding style a little bit. The Honda likes to be backed into corners where the Suzuki railed the corners more. Personally I really dont care what people ride. As long as they ride.

James

Staff member
I think we choose our riding style on the bikes we enjoy riding the most. It isn't always about speed.
That's why you don't see many 500's out there. I for one don't need a 845 horsepower bike when I can get the job done with my little 40 horsepower 250f....

I think that also goes the other way to, we choose our bikes on our riding style.

That's why you don't see many 500's out there. I for one don't need a 845 horsepower bike when I can get the job done with my little 40 horsepower 250f....

I think that also goes the other way to, we choose our bikes on our riding style.
You do get old... Where is Turtleshifter. This is a good thread for him.. I think.

James

Staff member
Do you have any videos of you outrunning 94ish?
Let me get the camera and my jogging shoes... Hold on.
This is what happened to the last guy that talked bad about the 94ish RM250...:lol:
boom8fo8ne6xy.gif