So what do you guys use to change tires?

What choo talkin bout foo.............either you're mixing up the threads or think I didn't "donate" to Jimmy's cause! Did it, bit the bullet, my screen is now large...and full of what ever else they said I can have with that 25 dolla! :P

:lol: I was talking about you using the back to topic emote:P

You have to be the luckiest SOB there is. :hail:

Honest to Gawd! I have NEVER had a flat tire! On my ATV's, yes. On my bikes? No Way! I don't even carry a spare tube or irons. I do think I should, as my luck may run out sooner or later. But, I'd be a noob in the wilderness trying something he's never done before! I have no reason to change a tire unless it's worn out, and my shop does it for me! Am I doomed to eventually walk miles out of nowhere when I don't have the skills? :thinking:

Honest to Gawd! I have NEVER had a flat tire! On my ATV's, yes. On my bikes? No Way! I don't even carry a spare tube or irons. I do think I should, as my luck may run out sooner or later. But, I'd be a noob in the wilderness trying something he's never done before! I have no reason to change a tire unless it's worn out, and my shop does it for me! Am I doomed to eventually walk miles out of nowhere when I don't have the skills? :thinking:

You are now my friend :smirk: You just don't temp fate. :prof:

Maybe you ride areas that assholes haven't left behind nails, wire, broken glass, or just the natural terrain, that include plain old, mean little cactuseseses. Or get into nice open 5th gear terrain, and then hit a rock, or rut, for those pinch flats. When I'm buying tires at the last minute, I'll still let the man do it, but there's no substitution for experience when you're 80 miles from the truck. :noidea:

Maybe you ride areas that assholes haven't left behind nails, wire, broken glass, or just the natural terrain, that include plain old, mean little cactuseseses. Or get into nice open 5th gear terrain, and then hit a rock, or rut, for those pinch flats. When I'm buying tires at the last minute, I'll still let the man do it, but there's no substitution for experience when you're 80 miles from the truck. :noidea:
+1:thumb:

Just ask Weathergeek :lol:

I rode for more than ten years before I got a flat on the trail. Now it happens a lot more often. It's all about the speed and pinch flats. I've rarely had a flat for any other reason than a pinch.

If you don't have to go far and the trail isn't crazy rocky or difficult, you can usually ride out on a flat. I've seen riders use four of the giant zip ties to keep the tire on the rim. I carry a tube because I like to ride far and on the more difficult trails. I've been plenty to of places where I could not have ridden out on a flat.

:devil: :focus:

:lol: Why, afraid it might actually stay on topic. :smirk:

Dude this thread is like that TV thread, :lol: it just keeps going & going & going & going & going. :lol:

No, because WG did a thread somewhere else about a flat on the trail, and pretty much got chastized for his lack of tools that he carried.:smirk:

Actually......you WILL be somewhere and...............that SOMEWHERE may just be in the middle of NOWHERE...:prof: