Show us Your Trucks!

My truck sunday... Pulling out my buddy :shocked:

1127011524.jpg

1127011514.jpg

1127011523.jpg

As you can tell the chain broke... And did some landscapeing on his front end... And then we tide a chain to the valence to get it out of the way :devil:

My truck sunday... Pulling out my buddy :shocked:

1127011524.jpg

1127011514.jpg

1127011523.jpg

As you can tell the chain broke... And did some landscapeing on his front end... And then we tide a chain to the valence to get it out of the way :devil:

BK got a backup camera?? and what the heck is he doing in that ditch? :bonk:

Yeah.. I just use the camera for hooking up trailers when im alone...Its pointed directly at the hitch...

He ran off in that field.. The night before when it was raining.. He wasnt even stuck back.. He just didnt want to dig big ruts in that field.... And a waterheaded kid tried to pull him out and did but then drug him into that small creek. 4wd dodge :devil:.... couldnt pull him out.... I seriously thought i couldnt get him out in my 2wd truck exspecially with those idiotic 20's with bologna rhind all terrains

Got a new 1985 Chevy M1009 CUCV!

Here's her as she was the day I bought her.
m1009.jpg

The truck came with some dry-rotted, cracked SS Thornbirds, so we put her on the lift at school and put them on.
m10092.jpg

This is her after we'd put the tires on/test drove it.
m10093.jpg

For anyone who dont know what an M1009 is, it's a military CUCV vehicle made my GM for our military during 84-86. In stock condition they came with a 6.2 diesel J-code engine (non-emissions, 5hp more than civvy 6.2 C-code). Gov-Loc in the rear axle. 10 bolts with 3.08 gears. TH400 trans. NP208 and locking hubs. 24/12v electrical system. CARC paint, blackout lights, 4 tow shackles, pintle hitch, ect.

Only things I can find wrong with my truck is the locking hubs will pop out occasionally and a few wiring issues. The speedo light aint working, and neither is the license plate light. A few pretty bad rust spots, and the interior is rough. The thing sips fuel. 17mpg city, 20+mpg hwy...yeah...that's awesome!
I got her a little muddy today! Damn she looks fine with a little bit of mud. Put her through about 100 miles already and I love it. She starts instantely with that 24v starter. I dont know if I'll go though with the single-cab conversion, unless I can find a way to make it removable.

Also want to add a radio, get rid of the nig riggin', lift it 4-6 inches, fix the hubs, and 35in tires. But for now...it's an oil change, anf filter changes.
Bought the girl for $1400.

Cool deal son, can't wait to hear you bitch about this one when things start breaking :smirk::P

You need to dew work, why does it need a lift?! I think it sits at a fair height as is. :prof:

James

Staff member
That's it James, take the bikes, Keg "Beer", BBQ, Dirtbike mates, and if anyone gives you crap show them your ride :lol: = instant silence !!
That would actually sound like fun, pull up to the races in a big rig and 20 guys hop out. :lol:

That thing is sweet, i've always love'd how the trucks look down under ever since i saw Mad Max (btw great movie). You wouldn't happen to have any 73 Ford Falcons would you? :smirk: