Shortshift's RR

I took Shortshift out to practice on a track that he planned on racing at next weekend. I told him to just go out take it easy and put in some laps to familiarize him with the track. After he felt pretty go about the track. We worked on turns, starts and just trying to build up his confidence level. I took him over to the smaller track work on some corning so we could get away from the big bikes. He was he was doing great and really getting some air on the jumps. This is the track he would have been racing at.

Hey Mih, this place was well groomed :smirk:

DSCF3610.jpg
DSCF3609.jpg
DSCF3607.jpg
On the small track he was getting some big air
DSCF3612.jpg
clay jump2.jpg
clay jump1.jpg
Everything was going great until this
clay wreck1.jpg
clay wreck4.jpg
Thanks for those boots!!!!! you can see here how his ankle was turned sideways.
clay wreck2.jpg
clay wreck3.jpg

:crash: and we ended up here, he got super lucky and it only ended up being a bad sprain. Thanks to the boots or it would have been snapped in half. He is on crutches now and an air cast until he can see his family Doc.
DSCF3617.JPG
DSCF3618.jpg

Friggen tracks seem to get lots of guys.

Hope it's not too bad. Great pics Jax. You sure know how to capture the action! :smirk:

Thanks guys he is fine, he just has to keep off of it till the doc says its ok.

YD, not sure if he will race or not. Just depends how sore he is come race day. He still wants to for sure. He ask me on the way to the hospital if he can still race. I said not if its broken goof ball. At least the crash didn't scare him off the bike.

Thanks guys he is fine, he just has to keep off of it till the doc says its ok.

YD, not sure if he will race or not. Just depends how sore he is come race day. He still wants to for sure. He ask me on the way to the hospital if he can still race. I said not if its broken goof ball. At least the crash didn't scare him off the bike.

Wrecks make you respect your bike, not scare you from them, as long as you love the sport :thumb: I sure hope he does race, he is looking really really good out there

Glad to hear that he's ok:thumb: even better to hear that it didnt sway him from persueing a gate drop.:ride::ride:
Looks like it got away from him and washed out in the landing. Luckily he didnt high side it or flip it... Tell him we said heal up quick:thumb:

Kids are tuff! It's us old folks....:rolleyes:
Glad he will be alright and it isnt requiring surgery or screws.
Those pics are awesome! I think Shortshift deserves some style points:smirk::thumb: