125 She is waking up from a long nap.

2005-08YZ125.jpg

Better to have it a bit on the rich side and loose a tad of power than to be lean and seize a piston.

On another topic, why no riding for the last four months? This is dirt bike addicts you know.

James

Staff member
Meh the season is over, let her sleep until spring that way you only have to wake her once. Any jetting you do now will have to be changed come spring/warmer weather.

BTW glad to hear that you plan on keeping her, guess we can stay friends after all. :smirk:

If I ever see you at HMX I can help you jet your bike. Everyone complains about how difficult jetting a 2t is. It takes 30 minutes MAX. most of the time it takes me 5-10 min and thats if i drop my bowl screw in the dirt and have to pour gas on it to clean it off :smirk:

Here's how to wake your bike up....Walk into your garage, roll it out, turn the gas on, and kick it over. I bet it will start, but your gas is gonna be POOP.

Meh the season is over, let her sleep until spring that way you only have to wake her once. Any jetting you do now will have to be changed come spring/warmer weather.

BTW glad to hear that you plan on keeping her, guess we can stay friends after all. :smirk:
we used to be friends? :P

save the jetting chart to your files and catch me on chat tmro evening.... I'll explain it then
I never got on that evening sorry. I had a party to go to. My friend's girlfriend was having a birthday party and she is a hollister model so you can only imagine how HOT her friends are :D... they like dirt bikers too :thumb:

yeah I was going to drain the carb and then have you teach me about jetting when spring comes. what is the elevation for us here anyways?

I never got on that evening sorry. I had a party to go to. My friend's girlfriend was having a birthday party and she is a hollister model so you can only imagine how HOT her friends are :D... they like dirt bikers too :thumb:
pics or it didn't happen

so what does this mean for setting jetting because it is only going up by 1000ft intervals?
As you go higher, the air pressure decreases so the air particles are farther apart, so the is less air for the engine to suck in. So, with less air you need less gas, which means the higher you are, the leaner your jetting has to be set, but if you base on the 1k ft you need to go just ever so slightly richer because we are roughly 3/4's of the way there. So lets say it's optimal conditions as it is in the jetting charts given to you, and we will say its 50 degrees. Pilot jet at 0ft should be 40.9, at 1000ft 40.5, and if you have a 40, and a 41 available(not how it's gonna work btw) you never wanna go lean, always go slightly on the rich side, so you would pick the 41. what will probably happen is you will have the 40 and a 42.5 available to you, in which case get both and you just tune it to find the best setting for the condition.