125 She is waking up from a long nap.

Now that I have decided that I can not quit dirt biking I want to get her ready for next year. She hasn't been started for about 4 months and im going to drain the tank, clean the carb, and change my transmission oil. Is there anything else I can do to get her to wake up more easily?

Jetting is a regular thing... Temp, humidity, oil brand, gasoline brand all effect your jetting.

EDIT: but just to get it running clean the carb and fresh premix.
I don't want to have to re-jet it before each ride because that would get way to annoying. Is tempurature a big thing? if i had it jeted for 80 degree weather would it do any harm to the engine if I rode it when it is 40 degrees out?

I don't want to have to re-jet it before each ride because that would get way to annoying. Is tempurature a big thing? if i had it jeted for 80 degree weather would it do any harm to the engine if I rode it when it is 40 degrees out?

Yes it could...if you are gonna ride it around the driveway then no, if you are gonna try and run som motos then yes... The bike will be running to lean of a fuel mixture in the carb... not to be confused with an oiland gas mixture.... lemme see if I can find a jetting chart.
...stock yz125? what year?

Yes it could...if you are gonna ride it around the driveway then no, if you are gonna try and run som motos then yes... The bike will be running to lean of a fuel mixture in the carb... not to be confused with an oiland gas mixture.... lemme see if I can find a jetting chart.
...stock yz125? what year?
2010 yz125
vforce3 reed valves
fmf fatty pipe
fmf powercore 2 silencer.
Thanks man.:ride:

2005-08YZ125.jpg

well pistons. then with my new jet set up i was four rides in and my bearing that connects the rod and the crankshaft grenaded.

well pistons. then with my new jet set up i was four rides in and my bearing that connects the rod and the crankshaft grenaded.

Thats premature wear usually to some sort of oil starvation and high heat...
Srad could probably tell you more about it than I can...

I gave you the jetting chart. now with your aftermarket parts you need more fuel so automatically go up 2 jet sizes than it recomends for temps and sea level but usually just on the main jet. for example it says at 1000ft ASL and 70* run a 406 main (it says 405.7 but round up). add 2 sizes and go to a 408 instead. Next go to your Yamaha dealer and buy regular Yamalube and run it at 32:1 like the manual says.... These arent absolute settings but it will get you close until you are a jetting master.

Thats premature wear usually to some sort of oil starvation and high heat...
Srad could probably tell you more about it than I can...

I gave you the jetting chart. now with your aftermarket parts you need more fuel so automatically go up 2 jet sizes than it recomends for temps and sea level but usually just on the main jet. for example it says at 1000ft ASL and 70* run a 406 main (it says 405.7 but round up). add 2 sizes and go to a 408 instead. Next go to your Yamaha dealer and buy regular Yamalube and run it at 32:1 like the manual says.... These arent absolute settings but it will get you close until you are a jetting master.
I have been running 32:1 royal purple synthetic though. another problem, I have no idea what the :f: you just said about jetting sizes haha. I have as much as an idea on jetting as Obama has fixing the economy.

I have been running 32:1 royal purple synthetic though. another problem, I have no idea what the :f: you just said about jetting sizes haha. I have as much as an idea on jetting as Obama has fixing the economy.

save the jetting chart to your files and catch me on chat tmro evening.... I'll explain it then