She ain't no beauty queen

Are you going to keep those trim pieces on the bed?
no, that's where i messed up, i need to take them off to finish the primer, but i spent well over 4 hours just prepping the bed sides, and close to 2 hours painting, also ignore the flaking paint on the tonneau cover.. i did not do that :facepalm:

new gauges!
Half installed:
IMAG0514.jpg

just started the truck:
IMAG0515.jpg

Fully warmed up(just a hair below 190):
1403039163680.jpg

a little more progress has been made!
Look at all the nasty old foam that had to be cleaned off.
IMAG0155.jpg

Got that foam off in about 90 min, completely clean.
Then came the new head liner material. Not bad for my first time.
IMAG0156.jpg

Next was hanging it. This took almost a hour to wrestle it up there and keep it up. Easy enough though.
IMAG0157.jpg

This project took me 3 hours with a trip to lowes in the middle to buy some velcro.

well, the clutch didnt get done yesterday.. Snapped one of the trans mount bolts and spent a good portion of the day drilling that little turd out. So all that got done yesterday was the trans mount got replaced because it was toast and the front right brake line got replaced. However this morning i did replace the starter and it made a world of difference, because it was cranking very very slowly.

This started as a clutch job because of a bad throw out bearing. it was growling with light pressure on the clutch and squeaking with no pressure. The old bearing was toast, it had play and just free spun for 15 seconds when you would spin it.
14 hours later the clutch is replaced and all of the "side issues" are fixed
had to take the exhaust off..
IMAG0212_1.jpg

trans is finally out, gross right? my thoughts too...
IMAG0213.jpg

new clutch fork and throw out bearing, still gross
IMAG0214.jpg

pressure plate and flywheel
IMAG0215.jpg

pressure plate
IMAG0216.jpg

old parts... hmmm witness marks... not good..
IMAG0217.jpg
\

old friction disk is looking very shiny... lots of glazing.
IMAG0218.jpg

Hmm... pressure plate doesnt look hot either.
IMAG0219_1.jpg

and neither does the flywheel... good thing I got a new one. there was large amounts of bluing on the pressure plate and flywheel, suggesting prolonged slippage.
IMAG0220_1.jpg

Long story short day 1 all of the new parts went in, when it was all done truck would not fully disengage. Got frustrated called it a night. Next morning truck was making some strange sounds. going back for more inspection possibly pull the trans again. as we are pulling the truck onto the lift clutch pedal is fully depressed and truck starts grabbing the clutch and stalls. I've had this happen once before, slave cylinder popped. Off to the parts store to get a new one and slap it in. Once it's in lots of bleeding to get the air out. Finally, the truck drives and shifts right with full disengagement.

Last edited: