Injured Serious knee injury

For some of those who don't know, last weekend I overshot a jump and jammed both ankles landing into the face of the next jump. As my next race back, last Saturday, I decided to race again as everything was in tact and feeling great. Before I got more than a third of a lap in in practice once, my bike tracked sideways on the landing of a smaller tabletop. Not having enough momentum, or height I wasn't able to bring it back. I hit sideways and was ejected from the bike. Upon landing I caught my leg and twisted it at the knee almost backwards and landed on it. I laid on the track while EMS talked me though things, as I was able to tough it out and walk back to the truck, my blood pressure dropped and I had a red-flash out. I laid down in the truck and made the two hour trip home. When we returned home my knee was 3 times the size of my other and in a horrid pain and looseness. I'm on crutches for the being until I go get X rays and talk to an orthopedic surgeon this week. Without X rays I can be anywhere to walking again in a few weeks to having ligament repair surgery. So ladies and gentlemen, I'm saying my prayers I'm back on two feet to race one more time this year, but things don't always turn out that way.
knee1.jpg

Damn. Just looking at that pic hurts. Take it easy till you see the doc, and hope that it's just a sprain and that you are riding again soon.

Damn. Just looking at that pic hurts. Take it easy till you see the doc, and hope that it's just a sprain and that you are riding again soon.
I do too, thank you for the concerns. I'm in a knee brace and on crutches, the pain is easing up a lot. The fact of being off the bike hurts more than anything though

Time to slow it down. Time for more practice and less races. No sense in destroying your body. I injured my thumb a year ago skating, still not better, probably never will be, and it sucks.

Time to slow it down. Time for more practice and less races. No sense in destroying your body. I injured my thumb a year ago skating, still not better, probably never will be, and it sucks.
I mean no offense but when I'm clear to go I'll be right back at it again. I take far more enjoyment in the racing lifestyle even it it breaks every bone in my body. I have just had a couple weeks of bad luck, but I intend to get in a practice or two before returning to racing, and do the same thing next year.

I mean no offense but when I'm clear to go I'll be right back at it again. I take far more enjoyment in the racing lifestyle even it it breaks every bone in my body. I have just had a couple weeks of bad luck, but I intend to get in a practice or two before returning to racing, and do the same thing next year.
You can't offend me, only your body. Id take it easy for a while and heal it correctly when you can,as your body wont mend so well later in life.

You can't offend me, only your body. Id take it easy for a while and heal it correctly when you can,as your body wont mend so well later in life.

There is truth in this. I'm a few short months from hitting fifty. It's a hell of a lot better to be in the saddle than home watching sports on TV.

Just wait till your paying for your own medical bills :smirk:

We should start a charity that goes to all of Young YD's medical bills :smirk:

get well soon dude. don't let not being able to ride bumb you out too much. my friend Pete made a simple mistake while racing and now he cant even sit up on his own let alone walk or ride. + he has been in the hosplitle for about a month now. just be fortunate you didn't suffer multible on top of the hurt knee. once again get well soon dude, hope your knee gets back to 100% and you dont have any more problems with it in the future.

Chill and enjoy the time off from racing JYD. Its the end of the season and you will have all of next season to be a champion if you do all the right things now.
true, the only thing is i enjoy my week a lot more when i am on the bike. thats what is going to be hard, i almost cracked into tears thinking about it today. pretty lame huh
Sorry to hear about the injury. Get some rest and heel up right.
thanks john, that ill try