Road legalising a MX bike

Did it have a cylindrical more 'blocky' exhaust with the tip ? Quiet pur instead of race exhaust roar haha ? If so thats the crf-x. But you probably dindn't have time to notice ? Their nice bikes those :) super reliable, good lookin too. :ride:

Didnt have time to look, it was pretty loud then he stopped at a light an revved and it was like bloam bloam real loud and you could here it echo between the buildings

The suspension is harsh for DS, the motor won't like being held open for real long stretches, the tranny is way too narrow, the gearing would need to be changed significantly making it a crappy woods bike...

Your best(and most likely cheapest) bet would be a klx250 and mod it(pipe, jetting,etc. etc. to give it the power you want) or something like a DRZ 400S which will in stock form be more powerful than a streetified(but otherwise stock) kx250f because it's got more displacement, torque and the right tranny gear ratio...

Oh yeah I get it now ! Of course the short mx gearing .. What would a ktm exc-f 350 be like in comparison apart from the fact that it's an enduro bike, I mean speed/power wise. If I were to go for an enduro bike, which would be as powerful and quick as a 250 mx stock out of the crate ?

Oh yeah I get it now ! Of course the short mx gearing .. What would a ktm exc-f 350 be like in comparison apart from the fact that it's an enduro bike, I mean speed/power wise. If I were to go for an enduro bike, which would be as powerful and quick as a 250 mx stock out of the crate ?

the 350 exc is a fairly "racy" bike. as i mentioned before a 450exc is the perfect dual sport. it will cruise at 75 mph with out vibrating you to death

A 350 EXC would be as if not more powerful HP wise(stock to stock) and definitely have more torque. Though I kind of agree with Jake, a 450 would be better because it could go down the highway at 70 mph fairly easily, though if you plan on doing lots of highway miles(70 mph and up) I suggest a XR or DR 650...

You can do it. But remember that motocross bikes aint built to ride the road. Road manners aint too good, and the engine wont last very long if you are daily driving it. I dont know too much about all this, but I'd recommend getting a DS bike, for they are made for that use.

If you do go through with this, change the gearing! You're going to want to gear up so you aint 5th pinned and going 55mph. :P

It would be cool to do this if it didn't put so much stress on the engine.