RM250 rm250 starting issues

Got my 10ounce flywheel weight.... Reed spacer...And new oil drain bolt...front rotor gaurd... Few more boxes come in.. And it will be ready for a complete wrench-a-thon...

Waiting on

The hand gaurds...Fork gaurds... Possibly a new kick starter and number plates.

That bike is gonna look freakin fast sitting on the porch this summer!

If Kyle and I waited on our bikes to run right before we put pretty parts on it they would probably look like we got them from the local dump.

There is no sense in Getting it running right when i cant ride it to see if its running right... And if i did get it running right it would run like ass after i put the pipe and reed spacer on... So i had just soon and wait till its got everything on it and tackle it then

Well.. Figured out why its not running.... Something in the gas... I assumed it was water.. But its really foamy... And didnt seperate.. I went to my can of gas.. And its the same thing... So i drained all that crap out... And the carb... New plug....

What i did today

Drilled out all the sprocket bolts (PO stripped the nuts off) Put new sprocket and bolts in. Replaced rear bearings and seals.

Added my new valve caps and rim locks

pulled off the old pipe and put the new Works pipe on

changed out the other chain roller

Well.. Figured out why its not running.... Something in the gas... I assumed it was water.. But its really foamy... And didnt seperate.. I went to my can of gas.. And its the same thing... So i drained all that crap out... And the carb... New plug....

What i did today

Drilled out all the sprocket bolts (PO stripped the nuts off) Put new sprocket and bolts in. Replaced rear bearings and seals.

Added my new valve caps and rim locks

pulled off the old pipe and put the new Works pipe on

changed out the other chain roller
finally did some werk eh son? :smirk:

FxCam_1330316757020.jpg

FxCam_1330316798421.jpg

FxCam_1330316828009.jpg

FxCam_1330316875123.jpg

FxCam_1330316902856.jpg

Coughed up the cash for a new kick starter... Tired of buying clapped up ones..

It's one of the complaints "pain in the ass" things with my RMX, the bloody kick starter, everything else including grease nipples on the rear suspension linkages "although I still pull it down every now and then to grease properly" and other good quality stuff, but they totally stuffed up on making a good kick starter. Now the engine has been rebuilt with good compression the kick starter is starting to wear and creep around again :foul::banghead:

EEERRRRRR >>>>>> BUGGER IT :rant:

A :wink:

Yeah... My cylinder base has been cut.. Upping the compression.... The original kick start was perfect...Never had an issue.. And SNAP... It blowed the side out of the pivot area... So i ordered a used one off ebay that they said "looked and felt good" ....Well..I would have had better luck starting it with vise grips... And the second used one i ordered... Is pretty well shot... Its got tourettes it flops around in the wind... And every so often it stabs me in the leg...

If you have one.. Or can get your hands on one cheap... you should try a kick start off like a 2003 RM .... I know the splines will fit because they use the same kick starter shaft...So it will bolt up... I just don't know how it would fit around the pipe and plastic.... From pictures ive found online and stuff.... I do believe it will work...... But i just didn't want to waist 100 bucks to find out it didn't lol... I've been watching eBay... Even if i can find a junk one that is all intact ... Reasonably cheap im going to buy it... They look like they would be easier to kick.. I absolutely hate how this are formed.