2 Stroke RM vs. YZ

So I was looking through the wiseco pro-lite pistons on RMATV... and i noticed... the 2010 YZ 250 Has a 66.4mm piston, and I thought to myself, this is a little bit of an odd size. Yamaha: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm

I jumped back to the 88 YZ which had a almost square bore 68mm. :thinking:

I then jumped over to my bike a 1996 RM250. Guess what I see? Its piston is ALSO 66.4mm. Suzuki: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm :devil:

So that means Yamaha changed their engines and they now have the same bore and stroke (66.4x72mm) as a 96-08 RM250's. Now thats comical :smirk:

Thats very old news, people have ran the
YZ cast in the RM for years. Just get the
the new one you can afford.
everyone has a brand they ride best...mines rm my son rides ondas best but i suck on them. my brother rides a yz great and my youngest rides everything great...like all the brands personally

So I was looking through the wiseco pro-lite pistons on RMATV... and i n. iced... the 2010 YZ 250 Has a 66.4mm piston, and I thought to myself, this is a little bit of an odd size. Yamaha: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm

I jumped back to the 88 YZ which had a almost square bore 68mm. :thinking:

I then jumped over to my bike a 1996 RM250. Guess what I see? Its piston is ALSO 66.4mm. Suzuki: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm :devil:

So that means Yamaha changed their engines and they now have the same bore and stroke (66.4x72mm) as a 96-08 RM250's. Now thats comical :smirk:
Well knowing how you guys like bashing Hondas I wont tell you about how the other mfrs finally picked up on those sizes . Check on the 125's for further levity .

If you are planning to buy one, this appears to be an old thread, then there is one factor to consider, how was the scoot treated? How about maint.? A bike is as only as fast as the rider, Johnny O' proved it in a MX-des-nations back in the old school 80's beating David Thorpe's Cr-500 on a 125, Dave and Johnny have patched things up since then. If either machine runs great, and all bits are a working, then either bike is a champ...