2 Stroke RM vs. YZ

So I was looking through the wiseco pro-lite pistons on RMATV... and i noticed... the 2010 YZ 250 Has a 66.4mm piston, and I thought to myself, this is a little bit of an odd size. Yamaha: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm

I jumped back to the 88 YZ which had a almost square bore 68mm. :thinking:

I then jumped over to my bike a 1996 RM250. Guess what I see? Its piston is ALSO 66.4mm. Suzuki: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm :devil:

So that means Yamaha changed their engines and they now have the same bore and stroke (66.4x72mm) as a 96-08 RM250's. Now thats comical :smirk:

Thats very old news, people have ran the
YZ cast in the RM for years. Just get the
the new one you can afford.

Thats very old news, people have ran the
YZ cast in the RM for years. Just get the
the new one you can afford.
everyone has a brand they ride best...mines rm my son rides ondas best but i suck on them. my brother rides a yz great and my youngest rides everything great...like all the brands personally

So I was looking through the wiseco pro-lite pistons on RMATV... and i n. iced... the 2010 YZ 250 Has a 66.4mm piston, and I thought to myself, this is a little bit of an odd size. Yamaha: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm

I jumped back to the 88 YZ which had a almost square bore 68mm. :thinking:

I then jumped over to my bike a 1996 RM250. Guess what I see? Its piston is ALSO 66.4mm. Suzuki: Bore x Stroke 66.4 x 72.0mm :devil:

So that means Yamaha changed their engines and they now have the same bore and stroke (66.4x72mm) as a 96-08 RM250's. Now thats comical :smirk:
Well knowing how you guys like bashing Hondas I wont tell you about how the other mfrs finally picked up on those sizes . Check on the 125's for further levity .

If you are planning to buy one, this appears to be an old thread, then there is one factor to consider, how was the scoot treated? How about maint.? A bike is as only as fast as the rider, Johnny O' proved it in a MX-des-nations back in the old school 80's beating David Thorpe's Cr-500 on a 125, Dave and Johnny have patched things up since then. If either machine runs great, and all bits are a working, then either bike is a champ...