Rims

:smirk:

:thumb: That would be correct, it was a joke.

Wait what? You keep on getting PM's from who?

:lol: Yeah I think :picard: was a good idea, thanks. :thumb:

it was actually only 1 PM... that was exagerated a bit :lol:

and yea picard facepalm is such a great way to show disgust emotions :P

my new set up is all ready to go.. just gotta slap the new one on the bike. I am gonna put the old 45t sprocket on as thats what im use to right now as well. PBk is in town and gonna ride the track with me tomorrow :thumb:

my new set up is all ready to go.. just gotta slap the new one on the bike. I am gonna put the old 45t sprocket on as thats what im use to right now as well. PBk is in town and gonna ride the track with me tomorrow :thumb:

45t? Holy shiot. What is the top speed on that thing? I'm running a 52T and thought about going bigger. Is first gear like 0-30mph :shocked:

James

Staff member
45t? Holy shiot. What is the top speed on that thing? I'm running a 52T and thought about going bigger. Is first gear like 0-30mph :shocked:

pretty much... its a 4 speed as well.
That being key.

My setup is 13/47, but I've been considering going to a 48T rear. I also have a 49T rear that I've used before but I think it's to short for my liking.

That being key.

My setup is 13/47, but I've been considering going to a 48T rear. I also have a 49T rear that I've used before but I think it's to short for my liking.

We need to get you on some tight technical single track and that low gearing will be your new best friend :thumb:

I've been wanting a bit more accel on my bike...should I go up on the rear sprocket a few teeth when it's time for a new set? Right now the thing is geared so damn long that I barely get to open it up fully..I got into 4th on a track ONCE and it scared the shit out of me.

I've been wanting a bit more accel on my bike...should I go up on the rear sprocket a few teeth when it's time for a new set? Right now the thing is geared so damn long that I barely get to open it up fully..I got into 4th on a track ONCE and it scared the shit out of me.

you COULD go 1 bigger one the CS sprocket, that works well, and generally you don't need a new chain, or new links

you COULD go 1 bigger one the CS sprocket, that works well, and generally you don't need a new chain, or new links

Do this only if you want to go even faster and actually shit your pants :prof::smirk:

James

Staff member
Wrong Direction....
:wave: May I have the honors?

:smirk:

So you want shorter "gears" (Shift more often/quicker) and more torque/acceleration, right? Go UP in teeth on the REAR sprocket and not the front. I'd never change the front sprocket unless you're looking to make a drastic change, going down 1 tooth on the front is about the same as going up 3-4 teeth on the rear. Here's a neat little calculator that will give you all sorts of numbers. :ride:

http://www.sprocketcalculator.com/