Recommended tools

Hi guys, can someone recommend all the tools that I should get for a xr650l? I want to keep most of them on the bike but maybe have a kit with some bigger stuff to keep in my truck. Thanks much.

I moved this out of the classifieds lol....

There is a thread somewhere, That has a list of all kinds of different ideas, I will see if i can find it.

That had some great info, thank you. I was kinda hoping to get a more bike specific list from someone. That thread you recommended was great for general kits!

Do you have a garage to work in? I suggest a floor model tool box and workbench with good lighting and a manual. It will give you the ability to do anything :thumb: Tools have a lot to list

Do you have a garage to work in? I suggest a floor model tool box and workbench with good lighting and a manual. It will give you the ability to do anything :thumb: Tools have a lot to list

Yes I have all the garage tools and workspace taken care of. I'm looking for the must have stuff to keep on the bike. We will be doing lots of exploring out in the Everglades so I want to put together a real good tool/misc parts kit to keep full time on the bike.

Yes I have all the garage tools and workspace taken care of. I'm looking for the must have stuff to keep on the bike. We will be doing lots of exploring out in the Everglades so I want to put together a real good tool/misc parts kit to keep full time on the bike.
Great :thumb: I think travace will be a great bet, a member on here

I personally do not like lugging 20 lbs of stuff around with me. The flight vest with full water is bad enough but a bunch of tools that most likely never get used I just don't see it. That is why I ride with Rack and Geek. :lol:

James

Staff member
That had some great info, thank you. I was kinda hoping to get a more bike specific list from someone. That thread you recommended was great for general kits!
Most bikes use the same tools with a few exceptions. The list in the other thread should give you a good starting point for what to carry with you. Just swap out any specialty tools, for example your rear axle and steering steam nut size, etc.

I personally do not like lugging 20 lbs of stuff around with me. The flight vest with full water is bad enough but a bunch of tools that most likely never get used I just don't see it. That is why I ride with Rack and Geek. :lol:

OMG! :havesomecheesewiththatwine: My vest might be heavy, but it's better then walking 50 miles in MX boots.

James

Staff member
OMG! :havesomecheesewiththatwine: My vest might be heavy, but it's better then walking 50 miles in MX boots.
You must not have seen the part that I bold'ed. Geek carries enough tools to split cases and do a full rebuild trail side, why not just bum off of him? :smirk: :stirthepot: