Recipe and Food Pics thread.

Everyone hates Brussel Sprouts!

Except me! :P

I fired up my deep fryer the other night to do some fresh caught Lake Erie Perch, just doused in milk and dusted in a light Japanese Panko flour mix with with powdered garlic and just a pinch of red pepper. When they begin to float and get golden, they are done! Drain on paper towels.

Well, shit! I had this hot oil going, so I continued! I had a ziplock bag with sliced redskin potatoes marinating in a Balsamic vinaigrette, so I tossed them in the Panko flour and deep fried the F out them too!

OK, just the Brussel Sprouts left to cook...Hmmm...still have all this hot oil, let me think!

I added an egg to the Jap Panko flour and made a batter. It was thick as pancake batter. I dunked the brussel sprouts in it and added to the hot oil. When they floated up and where golden, I drained on a towel.

They were exxxxxxxcelent! Naked, or with a nice creamy horseradish sauce! That is cool as F coming up with something nobody has done before!

Deep fried crispy Sprouts in Panko flour, egg, garlic with a touch of red pepper served with a creamy horseradish sauce!

I love to eat! I love to cook!:smirk::thumb:

I scared myself at the goodness I created! :lol:
:hail::clap:

Everyone hates Brussel Sprouts!

Except me! :P

I fired up my deep fryer the other night to do some fresh caught Lake Erie Perch, just doused in milk and dusted in a light Japanese Panko flour mix with with powdered garlic and just a pinch of red pepper. When they begin to float and get golden, they are done! Drain on paper towels.

Well, shit! I had this hot oil going, so I continued! I had a ziplock bag with sliced redskin potatoes marinating in a Balsamic vinaigrette, so I tossed them in the Panko flour and deep fried the F out them too!

OK, just the Brussel Sprouts left to cook...Hmmm...still have all this hot oil, let me think!

I added an egg to the Jap Panko flour and made a batter. It was thick as pancake batter. I dunked the brussel sprouts in it and added to the hot oil. When they floated up and where golden, I drained on a towel.

They were exxxxxxxcelent! Naked, or with a nice creamy horseradish sauce! That is cool as F coming up with something nobody has done before!

Deep fried crispy Sprouts in Panko flour, egg, garlic with a touch of red pepper served with a creamy horseradish sauce!

I love to eat! I love to cook!:smirk::thumb:

I scared myself at the goodness I created! :lol:

Not many of us like brussel sprouts...best I ever had was atan Itlalian resaraunt, cut in half and sauteed with garlic andbutter.MmMMMMmmmmmmm good! Your soudns pretty amazing too!:thumb:

I love the sprouts and this sounds like a good way to go, not if your into health though. :smirk: I try to stay away from the deep fryer but things sure are good that way. :thumb:

CORN-FRIED RACCOON
1 young raccoon, cut in sm. pieces
Milk
Flour
Salt
Pepper
1/2 c. corn flakes
2 tbsp. bacon drippings
Soak raccoon in milk to cover for 1 hour. Remove. Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with corn flakes. Fry in hot bacon drippings. For gravy, remove raccoon from pan, drain off most of the fat, stir in flour, brown. Add cold milk, cooking and stirring until heated and thickened. :devil:Serves 6.

CORN-FRIED RACCOON
1 young raccoon, cut in sm. pieces
Milk
Flour
Salt
Pepper
1/2 c. corn flakes
2 tbsp. bacon drippings
Soak raccoon in milk to cover for 1 hour. Remove. Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with corn flakes. Fry in hot bacon drippings. For gravy, remove raccoon from pan, drain off most of the fat, stir in flour, brown. Add cold milk, cooking and stirring until heated and thickened. :devil:Serves 6.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....em some good lookin coon ya got there boah.....mind if I have some? :shocked:

Uhh huh, that's right we're havin possum an you can't have none neither.....unless you getcher own.

Good morning, Happy holidays, Merry Xmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Merry Festivus. Here is what is on the Geek's family Xmas menu:

Filet Mignons stuffed with Brie (cheese), covered with a peppercorn mushroom and onion gravy (homemade of course), green beans sauteed with shallots, garlic, bacon and butter, some custom red potato dish (yet to be determined), fresh bread and salad.

Oh and let's not forget an appetizer that is called bacon roll ups:
Pita bread sliced into narrow slices filled with cream cheese and Sriracha, wrapped with bacon, then baked to crispy perfection.

Bon Appetit all.:thumb:

Good morning, Happy holidays, Merry Xmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Merry Festivus. Here is what is on the Geek's family Xmas menu:

Filet Mignons stuffed with Brie (cheese), covered with a peppercorn mushroom and onion gravy (homemade of course), green beans sauteed with shallots, garlic, bacon and butter, some custom red potato dish (yet to be determined), fresh bread and salad.

Oh and let's not forget an appetizer that is called bacon roll ups:
Pita bread sliced into narrow slices filled with cream cheese and Sriracha, wrapped with bacon, then baked to crispy perfection.

Bon Appetit all.:thumb:

OK here's the REZ menu

Bowl of cheezy garlic broccoli soup topped with french fried onions - It's gooooood
Mesquite grilled Fillet's - nothing fancy like Geeks which sounds fabulous, wife likes her steaks as they should be...not doctored
Sauteed shrooms in butter and garlic
Scalped (not scalloped) potato's
Veggie ... TBD (I have my own green bean casserole in mind but had too much of it on T'Day so maybe a Caesar salad
Appeteezers - again, TBD, nothing outlandish

All preceded by several toddies warm or cold...I prefer mine Coooooold

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the REZ family, hope to ride with some of you (well all of you but that's impossible) sometime real soon! :ride:....:thumb:

Be sure to wear your aprons guys!

IMG_9175.jpg

Sorry, I couldnt resist sharing our household apron:smirk: