Recipe and Food Pics thread.

hey lovestrucks, if you wanna make your own site check out webs.com, its quick, easy, and free just your url would have there name in it to (ex. http://socalsweettreats.webs.com/) or you can pay $20 a year ffor your own domain name (ex. http://www.socalsweettreats.com/):thumb:

Thanks I actually have. I bought a 5 year through godaddy and got the socalsweettreats.com :banana: my dads helping me with a splash page and all that(he's a graphic artist) so I'll hopefully have a site up by the end of january :thumb:

Thanks I actually have. I bought a 5 year through godaddy and got the socalsweettreats.com :banana: my dads helping me with a splash page and all that(he's a graphic artist) so I'll hopefully have a site up by the end of january :thumb:

good for you, happy you got a site, ill have to order somethin when you figure out a way to ship:thumb:

Bumpity bump. Here is what I made last night and turned out incredible. Split pea with all the fixins was on the menu. Best soup I ever made. Here ya go.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/ham-and-split-pea-soup-recipe/index.html

Here were my ingredient changes:

Used Chix stock instead of water and no Smithfield ham. Also 1lb. of thick cut bacon was added and two cans of sweet peas.

I started by boiling the stock with the dried split peas 2 bay leaves and ham hock in it as well. My ham hock probably had 6-8 oz. of meat on it still. Whilst that was happening, I sauteed my mira pois and all of the seasonings in 1/2 stick of butter then added that to the boil. Next I cooked the bacon till medjum and put it in the food processor and pulsed a few times. Half of the bacon went into the boil, second half was saved for topping on the soup at the end. Then I opened the canned peas. Liquid from one can went into the boil, liquid from the other can and all of the peas from both went into the processor. Made this into a mush and then it went into the boil also. Total cooking time from start to finish was about three hours or a bit more. A bit of fresh onions, sharp cheddar and the reserved bacon topped it off.

I should tell you that after the initial boil, it was lowered to medjum low heat for the simmer.

Yummie, yummie.

I made tortilla chicken soup the other day...it came out pretty good, in fact we ate so much of it were tired of eating it.

*Chicken stock plus about 8 cups water (depending how dense you want it)
*Several stalks of celery chopped, add to the pot
*While it's boiling I roasted a couple anaheim chilis, tomoatos and onions in a skillet...might want to add a little oil, just enough to keep them froms stickign to the pan. peal skin off chilis when done roasting.
*puree all together then add to pot.
*I wanted more veggies in mine but ran out of fresh so I added a couple cans (I know booo-hssss) of diced "mexican style" tomotos PLUS a can of diced green chilis.
*A table spoon of minced garlic
*Couple shakes of chili powder
*Salt/pepper (pepper corns if you have em, ust remember to strain them out before serving)
*You can also add uncooked strips of corn tortillas to help thicken the stock.
Let boil for a few hours
*Grill chicken (seasoned well), chop and add to soup when almost finished boiling OR add before chicken is done cooking
*Corn tortillas cut into strips, fry until crisp set aside to dry

Toppings;
green onions-chopped
cilantro-chopped
shredded cheese
avocado-chopped
tortilla strips
sour cream (mexican creme fresh if you have it)
cumin (dusting) over top
:banana:

This thread just makes me too hungry for stuff I dont have in the house right now or the time to fix it.

Dammit:banghead: Thanks Geek, now I have Pea Soup on my mind. And I want it NOW! So what if it is early morning, it sounds yummy!

That Tortilla soup looks yummy too Rez! I knew I should not of gone into this thread till I went to the store first. There sure seems to be some culinary experts here. Impressive! I see a DBA cookbook in the future:thumb:

I did a great old recipe this weekend! It rocks!

I call it "venison sausage fried rice"

Here's what you need:

2 cups pork or venison sausage
4 cups cooked and chilled sushi rice
1/2 cup finely minced onions
1/4 cup finely minced carrots
1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 small can of water chesnuts, coarsley chopped
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
3 stalks of green onion (whole) chopped fine, (Save the green tops separate!)
4 tsp of peanut oil
3 tsp of Sesame oil
1/3 cup of Kikkomen Soy Sauce
3 whole eggs
5 tsp sweet rice wine.
1/4 cup Black Bean Hioson Sauce
2 chopped, and I mean CHOPPED really fine, red chilli peppers! Do NOT touch your dick if you are in the middle of this recipe and you have to take pee, or touch your eye or nose!! :devil: Wash your hands thoroughy!

Get a big pan, or WOK, on a high fire. Add a generous amount of peanut oil. (3 TSP) Get it hot!

Add the carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and chopped water chestnuts, with all the spices and cook the shit out of them for five or six minutes . Toss them like a real chef on TV! Get happy with it! :finger: yeah!

Crack 3 eggs and just break the yolks, and dump them in on the high fire, stirring constantly!

Wisk briskly! This takes 60 seconds.

Dump the (Very cooled and flaky) rice into the WOK or pan on a high fire! You should have made certain that the grains of rice are free and independent of each other with a dash of sweet rice wine, if they are not already free and happy!

Add the Hoisen Black Bean sauce and the Kikkomen soy sauce while brisking it vigorously!

4 minutes on a high fire, and you have a great meal! Keep it tossed and moved around at all times!

It rocks! :banana:

I did a great old recipe this weekend! It rocks!

I call it "venison sausage fried rice"

Here's what you need:

2 cups pork or venison sausage
4 cups cooked and chilled sushi rice
1/2 cup finely minced onions
1/4 cup finely minced carrots
1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 small can of water chesnuts, coarsley chopped
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
3 stalks of green onion (whole) chopped fine, (Save the green tops separate!)
4 tsp of peanut oil
3 tsp of Sesame oil
1/3 cup of Kikkomen Soy Sauce
3 whole eggs
5 tsp sweet rice wine.
1/4 cup Black Bean Hioson Sauce
2 chopped, and I mean CHOPPED really fine, red chilli peppers! Do NOT touch your dick if you are in the middle of this recipe and you have to take pee, or touch your eye or nose!! :devil: Wash your hands thoroughy!

Get a big pan, or WOK, on a high fire. Add a generous amount of peanut oil. (3 TSP) Get it hot!

Add the carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and chopped water chestnuts, with all the spices and cook the shit out of them for five or six minutes . Toss them like a real chef on TV! Get happy with it! :finger: yeah!

Crack 3 eggs and just break the yolks, and dump them in on the high fire, stirring constantly!

Wisk briskly! This takes 60 seconds.

Dump the (Very cooled and flaky) rice into the WOK or pan on a high fire! You should have made certain that the grains of rice are free and independent of each other with a dash of sweet rice wine, if they are not already free and happy!

Add the Hoisen Black Bean sauce and the Kikkomen soy sauce while brisking it vigorously!

4 minutes on a high fire, and you have a great meal! Keep it tossed and moved around at all times!

It rocks! :banana:
Sounds great. Make it at your cabin and we will all show up, Buck.:thumb:

Ok, being that it is Labor Day and all I thought I would labor on this day. The labor consists of homemade from scratch waffles, eggs and thick cut smoky bacon. For dinner which has already begun, am gonna do a rack of spare ribs, rack of beef ribs and a brisket which will spend the day in the smoker at 225 degrees. Oh and lets not forget the beans that have bacon, mustard, bbq sauce, peppers and maple syrup which will also spend the day in the smoker. Then will finish with corn on the cobb and homemade garlic cheese bread. All in all low calorie eating all day. Of course one will have to have alcoholic refreshing beverages on hand too.:prof: Cooking is hard work you know.:rolleyes: So happy Labor day to all and to all a good day of cooking and relaxing.:banana::wave::thumb:

Ok, being that it is Labor Day and all I thought I would labor on this day. The labor consists of homemade from scratch waffles, eggs and thick cut smoky bacon. For dinner which has already begun, am gonna do a rack of spare ribs, rack of beef ribs and a brisket which will spend the day in the smoker at 225 degrees. Oh and lets not forget the beans that have bacon, mustard, bbq sauce, peppers and maple syrup which will also spend the day in the smoker. Then will finish with corn on the cobb and homemade garlic cheese bread. All in all low calorie eating all day. Of course one will have to have alcoholic refreshing beverages on hand too.:prof: Cooking is hard work you know.:rolleyes: So happy Labor day to all and to all a good day of cooking and relaxing.:banana::wave::thumb:

All that just for you and the mrs.......:smirk:...........:devil:.............:thinking:

Trying out one of Geeks methods on the Filet Mignon

Along with a little of my method :devil:

Where did the pics go :noidea:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316308598.629973.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316308598.629973.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316308630.739317.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316308630.739317.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 46
Everyone hates Brussel Sprouts!

Except me! :P

I fired up my deep fryer the other night to do some fresh caught Lake Erie Perch, just doused in milk and dusted in a light Japanese Panko flour mix with with powdered garlic and just a pinch of red pepper. When they begin to float and get golden, they are done! Drain on paper towels.

Well, shit! I had this hot oil going, so I continued! I had a ziplock bag with sliced redskin potatoes marinating in a Balsamic vinaigrette, so I tossed them in the Panko flour and deep fried the F out them too!

OK, just the Brussel Sprouts left to cook...Hmmm...still have all this hot oil, let me think!

I added an egg to the Jap Panko flour and made a batter. It was thick as pancake batter. I dunked the brussel sprouts in it and added to the hot oil. When they floated up and where golden, I drained on a towel.

They were exxxxxxxcelent! Naked, or with a nice creamy horseradish sauce! That is cool as F coming up with something nobody has done before!

Deep fried crispy Sprouts in Panko flour, egg, garlic with a touch of red pepper served with a creamy horseradish sauce!

I love to eat! I love to cook!:smirk::thumb:

I scared myself at the goodness I created! :lol: