Random Dirt Bike Riding Videos/Pictures

Pretty f'n benign. Riding along a ridge with a kinda a wash between the one I was on and another one. Both prolly 8' high with about 3' of a wash between them. So I go down the one and start to go up the other side. The one I go down is kinda hard packed but the one I start going up is kinda soft so the bike starts to sink in. I figured I wasn't gonna make it so I turn to the left, which is the downhill slope of the whole area but the bike kinda sinks in some more and I figured the bike was gonna stall so I swing my right foot over the back of the bike to get off the bike but now I am facing uphill so I start falling backwards. I was prolly only 4' up the hill but gravity takes over and my lack of grace and my, uh, er, girth cause me to kinda just stumble backwards down the hill to the bottom. When I get to the bottom I fall on my ass and my...…..elbows. And wouldn't you know it, my left elbow found 1 of the 3 boulders in the whole area.....SMACK! With all my weight it drives my Humerus bone (really not funny) right through my Ulna bone (elbow) shattering it....

I was riding last as I am being more cautious so I can pick and choose what I do. So I was laying there for about 5 minutes thinking I broke my arm because of all the tingling. But it kinda went away so I pulled my glove hand off my elbow and noticed my glove took on a rather dark shade of red.....I thought, great, I think I need to figure this out pretty quick. Right then my buddies showed up and started whipping out all there gauze and stuff. Rode back to the truck about 3 miles e pretty knarly rain rutted/rocky single track. It only hurt when I was in the sand and the bars wanted to pull in different directions. That's when I need to ride with 1 hand.

I figured I'd get to the ER, they'd clean me up, throw in a few stitches and send me home.....but noooooo, I got to stay Saturday night, Sunday, and had the surgery on Monday:crazy::crazy: When they finally unwrapped all the bandages my buddies had put on they got to the last one. My wife went, "ooohhh", and left the room. The Dr handed me a gauge pad and said "hold it here with some pressure, I'll be right back":jawdrop:

So, another 4 months on the couch. Only 2 if it was just the bone but since I ruptured the tricep tendon, that'll make it four:foul:

DAMN! You should play the lottery every time you break a bone..... Heal up soon

DAMN! You should play the lottery every time you break a bone..... Heal up soon
Only 2nd bone I’ve broken in my life. The other one was the stupid pinky a couple years ago.

Attachments

• B7E26156-7594-4313-8999-502D0D62C4AE.jpeg
    B7E26156-7594-4313-8999-502D0D62C4AE.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 1
  • 472DD4DF-1E15-4C3B-875A-BF8FC02098B7.jpeg
    472DD4DF-1E15-4C3B-875A-BF8FC02098B7.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1
Trying to get my dirt fix, have to settle for dirt road fix.

gwsPjtt.jpg