Pro Pro bikes

They where on 2012 because Kawasaki already released their 2012 to the public. I don't believe honda's is out yet.

I wonder how monster is keeping those bottom ends together?

They where on 2012 because Kawasaki already released their 2012 to the public. I don't believe honda's is out yet.

I wonder how monster is keeping those bottom ends together?

from what I heard them say on the boob toob, that they slaped the 11 motor in the 12 frame and ran it. :noidea:

from what I heard them say on the boob toob, that they slaped the 11 motor in the 12 frame and ran it. :noidea:

Why would they do that? I wonder if they are allowed to use the launch control because it comes stock, even tho variable ignition mapping is not legal in AMA?

I am going to try to find it, but I am almost certain that I heard RV say in a interview with Erin Bates on the starting line that they slapped the 11 motor in it and it was good to go or something like that. I may have to go back to the DVR on my TV and record it to my phone.

Just curious about the launch control tho, as far as it goes, isn't it just electronics and what would if matter if the engine is an 11 or 12? the electoronics would still be on the bike not the motor much like a CDI box I can change motors but don't have to change out the CDI :noidea:

If I remember correctly McGrath ran a 93 CR250 for most of his career. He liked the frame. I don't remember the factories letting any rider ride an older model since the four strokes took over. During the transition there were several riders who stayed with the 2 strokes until it became clear that you couldn't compete on them any longer.

After last weekend I have a feeling that the 2012 KX450's will be selling a bit faster than the other brands. Both factory riders sure did well with them.

If I remember correctly McGrath ran a 93 CR250 for most of his career. He liked the frame. I don't remember the factories letting any rider ride an older model since the four strokes took over. During the transition there were several riders who stayed with the 2 strokes until it became clear that you couldn't compete on them any longer.

After last weekend I have a feeling that the 2012 KX450's will be selling a bit faster than the other brands. Both factory riders sure did well with them.

Yep, what wins on Sunday sells on Monday is the way I always heard it :thumb:

a. Electronic devices designed specifically for traction control are
prohibited. This includes sensors that can determine front
wheel speed, and any electronic control to the brake systems.

James

Staff member
I was at the races yesterday... yesterday was Sunday:prof:

:P
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that quote more for pro racing? Most people don't give a rip on what type of bike the local kid won on, but now a pro..... :smirk:
a. Electronic devices designed specifically for traction control are
prohibited. This includes sensors that can determine front
wheel speed, and any electronic control to the brake systems.
:prof: That language doesn't include variable ignition mapping. :noidea: