Picked up our first bikes! WR450F & TTR125LE

We finally took them out this last weekend and it was a blast! At first it was a bit tough and my wife fell a couple times (going very slow), but thats because of the terrain. I initially went on a path that was all big up and down steep hills that have alot of loose big rocks. It was pretty tough, considering it was our first time. The big rocks would make the tires slip or deflect, and at the slower speeds while going up hill as a beginner made it difficult. After the first 30 minutes of struggling with that, we went of onto another path. They were still rocky and uneven but no hills. This was much more enjoyable at our skill level and we spent the next few hours on these paths having a blast.

I can definitely feel the WR450 is much more powerful than I currently NEED, but it just fine at the slower 20- 30 mph steady pace I kept it at. I was mostly in 2nd or 3rd gear and barely on the throttle. I never felt like it was hard to handle or too powerful for the pace I had it at. My wifes TTR125 was perfect for her. It seems like it is really forgiving on gear choice. She was in 1st-3rd the entire time too but she definitely had to do minimal up and down shifting through the different terrain.

One of the other things I wanted to mention is that we got some Sena headsets for the ride and WOW. I can't image what our ride would be like without them, especially considering it was our first time. It let me coach her through many of the basics and also let us communicate easily about where we are going and the pace. I would highly recommend this!

Overall it was a great time and no one got hurt, even from the few falls. I just bought Baja street legal kids to put on both of our bikes, so that we can legally ride some of the trails to rural towns and abandoned landmarks. I plan on putting it on next week, along with some oil changes and grease.

I can't wait for the next ride!

Good deal!!!
Glad you had a blast.
So you don't end up wondering what to do get yourself some ASV levers or the equivelant. They are more forgiving during falls.

Good deal!!!
Glad you had a blast.
So you don't end up wondering what to do get yourself some ASV levers or the equivelant. They are more forgiving during falls.
Not necessarily ASV, a lot of people like them, I personally did not.

If you're not going to run wrap around hand guards (valuable depending on the riding you do)

I personally would recommend either ARC or Next levers. I have the ASV's on my WR, ARC's on my Honda, and Next levers just came in for my kawi, I like the next the best.
http://www.matrixracingproducts.com/next-smart-brake-clutch-levers/

again, this is just my personal opinion.