Old Race Pics

OK these are only 6 months "Old" so they sort of can still fall in here.

Desert Vipers MC announced that their 30th Adelanto GP was the last because of funding issues with the city. I mentioned this to my "Manager" on a Thursday night and Friday morning she was calling me at work saying, "hey you should come out of retirement and "Ride" this." I said well I ride at like noon on Saturday so we need to get up and out of the house early in the morning. She just said, "This sounds like fun, lets go" :banana:

I got home and looked at my 450 sitting there with no wheels and no Pogo's, so I said, well I just got back last weekend from the Dez on the 250 and she ran good, so we'll run it. Did a quick once over and went to bed. Loaded up in the morning and headed for Adelanto.

So we get there and hit sign ups and I find out that the 40+ is one size fits all. Normally you get a 250 and Open Class. Oh well, I won't be the only 250 out there..:devil: I was going big and signing up in the Expert class and my manager whispered in my ear that it has been 14 years since your last race and this is for "Fun". I convinced her that I needed to go at least Intermediate so I can ride with the experts and not the Nov and Beg for my own safety (No offense to any beginners out there). She gave me that look :rolleyes: and I signed up as Intermediate.

So here are some pics of me getting ready.

IMG_0049.jpg

Wow!!! Working in China a lot has put on the pounds. That poor 250 is going to get a workout..:lol:

IMG_0051.jpg

Here is a little pose before the event with my Manager. People kept coming up to her and asking if and where the Factory Yamaha Semi was. Plus they were looking at me going "who is this guy?"
IMG_0052.jpg

So that whole "there will be other 250s in my group, right?" theory went out the window. These are all 450s on my line. :jawdrop::wow: I am going to get smoked...:prof:
IMG_0054.jpg

Here I am telling this guy next to me on his 2010 YZ450 some lie about how out of control I will get off the start, so he might want to Wait for me to go first...:devil:

IMG_0055.jpg

So here is the start of the race from my point of view. The guy next to me must of believed me..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPkds7_2lyA

I did run out of gears quick on the 250 though.
Here is me trying to pass a dude and he cuts me off..:wow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgj8c5ea2mk

I collect myself and wait my turn to sneak by him later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2EtL1_bMW0

Here are a few shots my Manager took of me to show how ridiculous I looked out there.
IMG_0057.jpg

The guy in the picture above took the side trail around the "Mud Jump", so I hit the jump and made the pass. Too bad my camera was little slow and she missed me in the air..
IMG_0060.jpg

So I was watching the races before me and they were only doing 3 laps. I told myself I can hang for 3 laps. I came around on my 2nd lap looking for the white flag and did not get it. I looked down on at my Watch on the crossbar pad and noticed we were doing 15 minute lap times. WTF...Found out later Ty Davis was clocking 108mph on the back straight so he was the one that added the extra lap. Well I did my 4 laps without being lapped and I was worn out, but still smiling at the end.

IMG_0061.jpg

So I had a great time and my Manager loved watching me ride again and listening to the announcers of the race keep saying "Wow, look at that old dude ringing out that 250 2 stroke"

Hope you enjoyed the story and pics. I did find some old 8x10's from back in the day last night and will get those scanned in and post some more soon.

Later - CDA

Desert Vipers MC announced that their 30th Adelanto GP was the last because of funding issues with the city. I mentioned this to my "Manager" on a Thursday night and Friday morning she was calling me at work saying, "hey you should come out of retirement and "Ride" this." I said well I ride at like noon on Saturday so we need to get up and out of the house early in the morning. She just said, "This sounds like fun, lets go" :banana:

I got home and looked at my 450 sitting there with no wheels and no Pogo's, so I said, well I just got back last weekend from the Dez on the 250 and she ran good, so we'll run it. Did a quick once over and went to bed. Loaded up in the morning and headed for Adelanto.

So we get there and hit sign ups and I find out that the 40+ is one size fits all. Normally you get a 250 and Open Class. Oh well, I won't be the only 250 out there..:devil: I was going big and signing up in the Expert class and my manager whispered in my ear that it has been 14 years since your last race and this is for "Fun". I convinced her that I needed to go at least Intermediate so I can ride with the experts and not the Nov and Beg for my own safety (No offense to any beginners out there). She gave me that look :rolleyes: and I signed up as Intermediate.

IMG_0049.jpg

Wow!!! Working in China a lot has put on the pounds. That poor 250 is going to get a workout..:lol:

IMG_0051.jpg

Here is a little pose before the event with my Manager. People kept coming up to her and asking if and where the Factory Yamaha Semi was. Plus they were looking at me going "who is this guy?"
IMG_0052.jpg

So that whole "there will be other 250s in my group, right?" theory went out the window. These are all 450s on my line. :jawdrop::wow: I am going to get smoked...:prof:
IMG_0054.jpg

Here I am telling this guy next to me on his 2010 YZ450 some lie about how out of control I will get off the start, so he might want to Wait for me to go first...:devil:

IMG_0055.jpg

So here is the start of the race from my point of view. The guy next to me must of believed me..

Here are a few shots my Manager took of me to show how ridiculous I looked out there.
IMG_0057.jpg

The guy in the picture above took the side trail around the "Mud Jump", so I hit the jump and made the pass. Too bad my camera was little slow and she missed me in the air..
IMG_0060.jpg

So I was watching the races before me and they were only doing 3 laps. I told myself I can hang for 3 laps. I came around on my 2nd lap looking for the white flag and did not get it. I looked down on at my Watch on the crossbar pad and noticed we were doing 15 minute lap times. WTF...Found out later Ty Davis was clocking 108mph on the back straight so he was the one that added the extra lap. Well I did my 4 laps without being lapped and I was worn out, but still smiling at the end.

IMG_0061.jpg

So I had a great time and my Manager loved watching me ride again and listening to the announcers of the race keep saying "Wow, look at that old dude ringing out that 250 2 stroke"

Hope you enjoyed the story and pics. I did find some old 8x10's from back in the day last night and will get those scanned in and post some more soon.

Later - CDA

Good stuff. You have more stories than Carter has peanuts. :banana::banana: Keep them coming.

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Later - CDA

This stuff is great..keep it coming. :thumb:

James

Staff member
CDA....that's awesome :thumb:

I keep hearing something about another race coming up, don't forget to take a lot of pictures & video. :ride:
:devil:(The decals & fender arches should be available this weekend) :devil:

CDA....that's awesome :thumb:

I keep hearing something about another race coming up, don't forget to take a lot of pictures & video. :ride:
:devil:(The decals & fender arches should be available this weekend) :devil:
Since my Manager said she would go even though I said we need to leave at 4am, I will equip her with the lens and I just added new batteries and mem cards to the lid camera. I have the DBA stick handled (See other thread).

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Later - CDA

Great pics, vids and story.

Why was there a 14 year break before you raced again?

How did you place in this race?

Great pics, vids and story.

Why was there a 14 year break before you raced again?

How did you place in this race?
Kid's, family and Money. In that order. I am now just a weekender and occasional event now and then.

i might have to cut another sticker and do that on my numberplate too...

I WANT ON THE TEAM!!!!
:thumb: Always looking for a few good members.

Got a fast chair????????? :ride:.....:smirk:
The chair is getting retired soon...:devil:

Way to get back out there and have some fun:clap:...even if it is on a 250. Thanks for sharing the experience!
Thanks Sun, it was a blast and my 250 runs strong even with my over weight body pulling the trigger.

Never a desert race, but track, and a shat load of GP's, those were absolutely my favorite.:thumb: Although that was the 80's, nothing since then, and the bikes have not been touched.:cry:
You can do some Big 6 GPs next year Timo. It is now up to 7 in the series which puts you in a GP each month.

Kid's, family and Money. In that order. I am now just a weekender and occasional event now and then.

:thumb: Always looking for a few good members.

The chair is getting retired soon...:devil:

Thanks Sun, it was a blast and my 250 runs strong even with my over weight body pulling the trigger.

You can do some Big 6 GPs next year Timo. It is now up to 7 in the series which puts you in a GP each month.

A couple of things. 1) When you are done with the chair can we have it back? :noidea:. 2) What place did you finish in the race? :noidea: