Oil Line Banjo Bolts.

lol. i find the attitude of some people on here to be appalling...to say the very least.
yeah fair enough, they tried explaining but the explanation is only as good as the person trying to understand it.
not once did i give any attitude, i simply just asked questions, questions that i didn't know the answer to and was trying to learn and find out by way of the best possible, simplest explanation.
i go to TAFE, we have students who are learning english as their 2nd language, therefore instead of getting angry at them and frustrated, we explain things as many times as possible in as many ways as possible, despite how long it takes....they usually end up understanding eventually. fact of the matter is, everyone is different and not everybody will understand everything. doesn't mean you give someone a poor attitude and discriminate them because they don't know something.

lol. i find the attitude of some people on here to be appalling...to say the very least.
yeah fair enough, they tried explaining but the explanation is only as good as the person trying to understand it.
not once did i give any attitude, i simply just asked questions, questions that i didn't know the answer to and was trying to learn and find out by way of the best possible, simplest explanation.
i go to TAFE, we have students who are learning english as their 2nd language, therefore instead of getting angry at them and frustrated, we explain things as many times as possible in as many ways as possible, despite how long it takes....they usually end up understanding eventually. fact of the matter is, everyone is different and not everybody will understand everything. doesn't mean you give someone a poor attitude and discriminate them because they don't know something.
Hey don't be afraid to post new questions, every body here has varying levels of experience/understanding in mechanical knowledge…..I've been an auto mechanic for 30 years and have worked on my own bikes since my first ride….And there may be some who have not ever turned a bolt before,so trying to find the line between coming off as arrogant or condescending can be a challenge….and it does a person no good to say they understand something when they do not, and gain nothing. Ride on

I understand that but I did understand how the bolts work and what they do, what I did not understand is how they let more pressure/volume in.
I understood the basic principle of the bolts which is that they squint oil out and let a certain quantity in based on the diameters.
What I did not understand is the consensus behind why they are different sizes and how it can control how much oil goes through based on the bolt sizes and how they bring a pressure difference.
I was looking at and trying to understand the bigger picture and the physical details of them and how they work for my own knowledge.

The attitude I was given was basically a "you don't understand what im saying so f you"...when it wasn't that I wasn't understanding it, it was the fact that I wanted to know how or why it works that way as opposed to understanding how they operate. Patience is a virtue and even if someone doesn't understand something, it doesn't mean you give up on them anyway.

Last edited:
Tell me anyway please, does the top jet bolt control how much oil also goes to the cylinder/cylinder walls? Or does it only control the amount that goes to the cam shaft and lobes?

ok cool. well i guess i just wasted my time checking the cylinder for damage via a leak down test.
i had nothing except oil on my screens and filters...so im assuming based on that, it did no damage?

ok cool. well i guess i just wasted my time checking the cylinder for damage via a leak down test.
i had nothing except oil on my screens and filters...so im assuming based on that, it did no damage?
I'm sure your ok….and by the way, if you learned anything including "it was a waste of time" then it was worth your time.