Oil Line Banjo Bolts.

maximum flow at an given pressure from the pump will be the same. where it has peak pressure can be different. you didn't do the hose as suggested yet did you?

lol. too late now anyway. im pretty tired and not in the best of moods to be honest. don't really have time to beat around the bush and also not in the best of moods for that.
i know what's going on and i get the idea of it. when you put your finger on a nozzle, it squirts everywhere. i get that.
but what makes you think this works the same way? and basically what your trying to get at is the longer bolt was sitting lower therefore the oil pressure would've been lesser?

Last edited:
oh i dont know, maybe you could look up something called hydraulics, pressure, and physics. and maybe KTM just had some different bolts laying around and decided to use them. I just tried to answer your question, and give you the reasons behind that and my answer. if you want to question me too, that is fine, but unlike you I didn't ask for any of your answers. Have a nice morning and I won't bother you again,.

location of what? im just trying to understand how the pressure works/differentiates and what makes it differentiate in the simplest terms/explanation possible.

Last edited:
location of what? im just trying to understand how the pressure works/differentiates and what makes it differentiate in the simplest terms/explanation possible.
Try this, the oil pressure and volume (flow) will be constant as long as diameter of line is the same. however if diameter of line increases then pressure will reduce but volume will increase , conversely if the diameter of the line decreases then pressure will increase and volume will decrease. at some point though volume will reach a maximum value as well as pressure no matter what the line diameter is.

ok well say you put the bolt with the larger opening in the bottom closer to oil pump and the other bolt with smaller opening at the top.you would get more flow to the the top bolt, but have more pressure behind it, judging from your oil galley schematic I would say this is how you want it. if it were reversed i don't know if you caused any damage in an hour of riding but I would put them how I described above.

the bolt with the larger hole can't flow any more than the bolt with the smaller hole will allow anyway though? so either way the maximum flow will be the same as the smallest bolt hole anyway...
it's not as easy as that, basically in exaggerated terms….if you put the larger opening up top, the oil will just dribble out if reversed oil will spray out.which is what you want to lubricate that camshaft. based on the schematic you provided

Doubt I damaged anything. Did a leak down test using flywheel and crank locking bolt on a warm engine and I got 7-8%.
With the lack of oil the bike would've been getting pretty sure it would've done a lot more damage than 8% leakage