• OEM only

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • High quality filter such as K&N or OEM

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Scotts Stainless

• Cheaper Stainless

• Bargain filters(tusk, neutron,flow etc..)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
I haven't put a SS in the honda because I dislike cleaning them. I put one in the WR after reading on TT from a couple of different engine builders that the only filter they would use, is a Scotts SS, they have no other affiliation with Scotts other than being a customer

So the HiFlo filters that cost half of what a K&N cost is the exact same?

That's what the man is saying.......

Did I mention Ive been buying oil filters for the over 25yrs and have yet to see any of them fail? That includes my time as a Honda tech, All my friends are mechanics, some for bikes, some for heavy equipment some for cars... out of all of them only one has seen an oil filter fail and that was on a drag bike...

That's all the info I have...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around only changing filters, on every other oil change.:confused:

It works out to be about the same amount of hours.
We ride MX so every other ride is about 6 hours of run time vs your 6 hours of run time in a day. Unless you think every other ride is too much?

It's just me I guess. If I'm draining the old oil, I'm changing the filter too. Clean oil, and a dirty filter, doesn't seem like a good combination.:noidea:

I misread...sorry
We change the oil and filter every other ride which is about 6hrs.

I just change the oil so often I do not see the reason to change the filter each time plus it is kind of a pain to do the filter. :prof:

I just change the oil so often I do not see the reason to change the filter each time plus it is kind of a pain to do the filter. :prof:

Not understanding the pain to change the filter. 3 screws, filter comes out, new filter in, 3 screws and filter is done. It is quicker then draining the oil.

Not understanding the pain to change the filter. 3 screws, filter comes out, new filter in, 3 screws and filter is done. It is quicker then draining the oil.
I know, I just wanted to mess with them. Now be quiet. :devil: Actually, the first time I did the filter I did just as instructed and put in the oil in the housing but when pushed the filter in a bunch of oil gushed out all over the place, hence the pain. I have learned now. :moon: