• OEM only

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • High quality filter such as K&N or OEM

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Scotts Stainless

• Cheaper Stainless

• Bargain filters(tusk, neutron,flow etc..)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
Honestly I have the kid change his filter every other ride with an oil change which is about 6 hours... I primarily buy k&n but whatever is on sale will do since we change them so frequently.

K&N or OEM only. Bad things happen when oil filters come apart, and I just don't get the same peace of mind when I use brand x

I guess its the same reason I don't use fram for my trucks

So what is quality, the filter or the name on the box?

Now since I ride a Beta I have no choice at all. It's OEM only. Well not quite as I have managed to find a cross to a hydraulic filter. Since it is also $10+ I'll be using the OEM ones which I'm about 99% sure are the exact same filter.

One thing to remember is that the name on the filter may have very to do little with who actually makes the filter. The names are bought an sold. Fram is a classic example. It's been through something like ten different hands over the last few decades. The current owner is making about the worst filters on the market for the base model Fram. The bottom of the line Purolater's are way better. In today's world Purolator is unbusual as they actually make filters. They make flters for several other brands as well.

That said the Fram bike filters are OK. I put plenty of them on my XR600.

As far as I know no OEM actually makes a filter. However, they have a decent filter made for them. The only down side is the cost.

Most overly obsess with oil filters. I put about 100k miles on my first two XR's and they did not even have oil filters.

One thing to remember is that the name on the filter may have very to do little with who actually makes the filter. The names are bought an sold. Fram is a classic example. It's been through something like ten different hands over the last few decades. The current owner is making about the worst filters on the market for the base model Fram. The bottom of the line Purolater's are way better. In today's world Purolator is unbusual as they actually make filters. They make flters for several other brands as well.

That said the Fram bike filters are OK. I put plenty of them on my XR600.

As far as I know no OEM actually makes a filter. However, they have a decent filter made for them. The only down side is the cost.

Most overly obsess with oil filters. I put about 100k miles on my first two XR's and they did not even have oil filters.

Alot of Oil filters in the world are made pretty close to where i live. A compnay called Champion laboratory