Not sure on what kind of bike to get

250 or 450?

• Total voters
How long did they last after you started with the new head/seat/guides? ever have any problem's? is it worth it, I'm kind of sold on getting a 09 or newer for fuel injection, a buddy of mine had 2014 CRF250R, started first kick every time no matter what, and he never did maint on it, Then again he is the luckiest guy I know

Fast heads changes the seats so you can run the titanium valves similar to what Yamaha runs. the exhausts remain stainless but they change the guides out to something that lives a little easier with the valves. I am not sure how long this one will last, but over 18 and the clearances haven't changed. I honestly am not as fond of it as I am some other bikes I have, so it doesnt get used too much. It has a wide ratio gearset, and big bore kit, but for tight rocky and sloppy stuff that we ride a lot, I like other rigs I have.

Anyway, if you have one you have to fix getting FH to do it would be my suggestion. You might check out their site.

The weight difference feels like more than 15lbs to me. Then again I'm relatively lightweight at 190. I liked my 450 for mx because I'm lazy and have inconsistent corner technique, so the extra power gets over jumps with a twist. But in tight woods it was beastly. Just my opinion. I decided to stick with the 250f and practice corners more. Btw I have fresh engines in my '10crf250r and a '03yz250f and I like the Yamaha better. Just sayin

I thought the 05 had KYB and different porting or was that the 04?

05 has Showa, I went back and Lokked at the test comparisons, they noted that the 06 RM had a much tamer power delivery so maybe they did change the porting. But to me that is a negative, I love the hard hit of the 05.

05 has Showa, I went back and Lokked at the test comparisons, they noted that the 06 RM had a much tamer power delivery so maybe they did change the porting. But to me that is a negative, I love the hard hit of the 05.

I do wish my 06 hit a little harder than it does but it used to tractor away from the 450’s on all the starts. If they gave trophies for holeshots i would have 2 trophy rooms.