No one likes a 4 skin

Exactly how I feel about this thread. Being an inbreed I guess it has meaning to some. The 4T, 2T debate has been talked about in every forum. Why have such a hard-on over it? It's like brand loyal KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Husqvarna, TM, Beta, BMW, Ducati, Harley, Sherco, Christina, Etc. Etc. Etc. crap. Live to ride, ride to live.... Put two pieces of rubber under your ass and get out, who gives a shit if it EFI, Carb, oil injected, mixed, Diesel. 8====D:jawdrop:
:wave:

I just wanna ride! As long as there are not river crossings involved or a lot of water, any bike is allowed to ride w me, as long as he's a decent rider!

You don't like water crossings? You should check out some of the videos (jimcr250) the guy from UK that was over at my place has posted up. F that kind of water crossings.
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roqTZt-ofS8
What I'm saying is, the 4 skins r not ideal for water incase of drowning out! In AK, where I've done ALOT of trail riding there are sometimes dozens of water crossings per ride! I have found myself drifting down a river reaching for the rear wheel of my bike to many times. In an average of 7 to 10 min I can do the drill and be up and running. Whereas the 4 skins take a bit more effort and the potential is there to do catastrophic damage. I have gotten quite good at reading water and choosing where to cross. I enjoy water and had good success turning my 380exc into a submarine. Everyone seems to think that sealing up the air box is most important. Although important, what is more important is putting tee in carb breather hoses and running them up underneath gas tank to highest point in frame near the neck and reinserting them back into frame. I have had several rides ruined due to drowned out 4 skins. Although sometimes it wasn't to bad to get them going!
Wheeew!

Last edited:
You don't like water crossings? You should check out some of the videos (jimcr250) the guy from UK that was over at my place has posted up. F that kind of water crossings.
Here see 1:17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roqTZt-ofS8
Cool video! That qualifies! Been there hundreds of times and usually enjoyed it! A friend named psycho Dan dropped his bike,a ktm300, in a hole of water approx 12' deep. After a cpl hrs of fishing it was finally snagged by 2 synch straps tied together and pulled out. Not a good day!

Cool video! That qualifies! Been there hundreds of times and usually enjoyed it! A friend named psycho Dan dropped his bike,a ktm300, in a hole of water approx 12' deep. After a cpl hrs of fishing it was finally snagged by 2 synch straps tied together and pulled out. Not a good day!
Then you should look for the gold fish retrieval thread. I'll cross water up the the jug but once you get to the bottom of the seat it becomes a little to hairy for me. I once lifted the bikes up out of the water with my sons so we wouldn't drowned the filters/air-box/intake. was a good adventure, just not one I would go out and intentionally repeat.

Then you should look for the gold fish retrieval thread. I'll cross water up the the jug but once you get to the bottom of the seat it becomes a little to hairy for me. I once lifted the bikes up out of the water with my sons so we wouldn't drowned the filters/air-box/intake. was a good adventure, just not one I would go out and intentionally repeat.
Some people have good sense!!
Me, well guess the verdict is still out! Makes me think of 2strokesteves first nickname!
You should ask him sometime!

Here are a cpl pics 1 of old bridge going over the willow river in AK. The other is a poor pic of river.
It flows at approx 6 knots and gets as deep as 6 '!
We chose the water over taking the bridge! As far as I know, only 4 dirtbikes have crossed it. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited: