Newer Bike for the Boy

the first time I rode my friends 450 I had to buy a rear fender, subframe, and side pannels :cripple:
be careful, first 10 rides or so should be easy flowing terrain
imo for the average rider the 450 is too much bike for anything except desert riding, I do a mixture of riding and feel that a 250f is a good all around bike, the 250 2t is for those who are a bit faster in nature

Thanks for all the input. He does not race or ride a track other than once a year when I take him to a local track. He likes to ride one just for shits and giggles but he really does not belong on one. :lol: I think a 250 would be the better choice for him as he is not a real aggressive rider which makes me feel better. I have been thinking about going with the YZ250 all along even though he is hesitant about a smoker but I tell him he needs to try it before putting it down. Who knows, I may even like to hop on and give it a go again like the good old days. :banana:

Thanks for all the input. He does not race or ride a track other than once a year when I take him to a local track. He likes to ride one just for shits and giggles but he really does not belong on one. :lol: I think a 250 would be the better choice for him as he is not a real aggressive rider which makes me feel better. I have been thinking about going with the YZ250 all along even though he is hesitant about a smoker but I tell him he needs to try it before putting it down. Who knows, I may even like to hop on one and give it a go again like the good old days. :banana:
one more stallion I need to add to the stable, where am I going to put all these bikes........

Well here is the update to this thread. The boy now has a 2008 YZ250F as I found this about 45 miles from my home. When I went to look at it I was impressed at the clean condition this was in so I snatched it up. Now I need to sell the small 150R. Here are a couple pics of the new machine. This thing is pretty spunky and I think I may have to take it out and give it a try. Very light weight and snappy compared to the bike I have been riding. :thinking: DSC05179.JPGDSC05181.JPG

Nice choice Davey. I just saw this thread for the first time. My son went from a 125 to 4T 250 to a 450. The only thing is as they get bigger and stronger they tend to grow out of the 250 quicker, especially with climbing and technical riding.

Nice choice Davey. I just saw this thread for the first time. My son went from a 125 to 4T 250 to a 450. The only thing is as they get bigger and stronger they tend to grow out of the 250 quicker, especially with climbing and technical riding.
I must have never grown bigger or stronger... :pout: