New to the form! but back into DIRT!

... Also I'm working with the dealer I bought the 3 bikes from to return the PW-50 in exchange for a TT-R50.... Wish me luck!
OK It's all taken care of, my local bike shop took back the PW-50 and I picked up the TT-r50 tonight! They made is as painless as I think they could for me, I paid the difference in Price and tax/title fee. I'm happy with how it turned out! They earned my future business with how they took care of me for sure! Again outside, cold, windy and snowing... not the kind of weather to start out with my two boys that have never rode before... but we'll get there soon enough. Also picked up a DVD title: Full Circle - The Rise, Fall & Return of an FMX Champion... It was a great documentary of Nate Adams through growing up to all his wins, accidents and recoveries etc. It was a bit graphics as far as the accidents and surgeries however my boys really saw even a pro get's hurt and I think it settled in really good with the fact that you can have fun, but respect the machine and others while doing it! I'll keep everyone update.... still have not bought a trailer yet, and now looking at Aluminum builds vs steel / metal.

OK It's all taken care of, my local bike shop took back the PW-50 and I picked up the TT-r50 tonight! They made is as painless as I think they could for me, I paid the difference in Price and tax/title fee. I'm happy with how it turned out! They earned my future business with how they took care of me for sure! Again outside, cold, windy and snowing... not the kind of weather to start out with my two boys that have never rode before... but we'll get there soon enough. Also picked up a DVD title: Full Circle - The Rise, Fall & Return of an FMX Champion... It was a great documentary of Nate Adams through growing up to all his wins, accidents and recoveries etc. It was a bit graphics as far as the accidents and surgeries however my boys really saw even a pro get's hurt and I think it settled in really good with the fact that you can have fun, but respect the machine and others while doing it! I'll keep everyone update.... still have not bought a trailer yet, and now looking at Aluminum builds vs steel / metal.

Awesome!

My boys loved "Stone Spray Sandwich" from Transworld Motocross.
http://youtu.be/f9PQ5aun3nM

They also used to love to watch all of the "Bar to Bar" videos.

http://youtu.be/eDRudKLScJ8

Ok so still trying to figure out a trailer... The more I think about my situation, the more I'm leaning toward a 3-rail dirt bike trailer, light that can be store either on it's sit or vertical. I have serious space issues I have to consider, and even though I can keep it at my parents' house, that just added a bit of an extra burden to "boy's let go riding" So I'm looking for anything such as these links that I can buy local/close (4 to 5 hours drive one way) so I can drive, buy , pick up, and bring it back.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/general-classifieds/130842-3-rail-motorcycle-trailer-pics.html

http://www.bestbuydealers.com/MC/NATIONWIDE OPEN MOTORCYCLE AND SPORT BIKE TRAILERS.htm

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A 3 rail is a good way to go.... Back in the day the tracks used to be loaded with station wagons and 3rails.
Buy good tie downs, always bungee cord both wheels to the rail so they won't bounce out. And buy 2 spare tires...

Hi everyone! I have a very exciting update!!! So I found a great 3-rail folding trailer kit, ordered off the internet and had it shipped from California. Over a few days, just a few hours each evening I got it build with no problems! It is a great trailer, great quality, folds easy and fits my needs perfectly, and fits in my garage thanks to its folding option! So now on to the fun part of the update!!! We took the bikes outs 3 different times over the past 2 weeks, and are we having a totally BLAST! I attached some photos, hope you enjoy! One thing weird though. I was riding mine, it ran great, no issues at all. Rode straight for about 20 minutes, then shut if off to go help my boys get a drink from the water cooler. Got back on mine, hit the starter and when I did it just made a rapid ticking noise, almost like a low/dead battery. So I pushed started it, got it to run but it will only run at idle, if I give it any throttle it runs very rough with a long pause between it wanting to rev and it wanting to idle (not sure I'm doing a very good job explaining), and it all repeats. If I just let it idle it will idle ok. I checked the choke, the fuel shut-off, it has plenty of gas... so I am quite confused. When done riding, 10 minutes of loading up and getting the gear in the truck, and a 25 minute drive home. I tried starting it and it acted the same. The bike never laid over or anything like that. Not sure what's up, and remember these bikes were bought brand new from the show room. And this is actually the first time I've rode mine. Any ideas before I call the dealer?

Attachments

• 1-IMG_6632.jpg
    1-IMG_6632.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1-IMG_6637.jpg
    1-IMG_6637.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1-IMG_6639.jpg
    1-IMG_6639.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 1-IMG_6736.JPG
    1-IMG_6736.JPG
    467.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1-IMG_6739.JPG
    1-IMG_6739.JPG
    464 KB · Views: 11
  • 1-IMG_6743.JPG
    1-IMG_6743.JPG
    559.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1-IMG_6756.JPG
    1-IMG_6756.JPG
    461.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1-IMG_6769.JPG
    1-IMG_6769.JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1-IMG_6766.JPG
    1-IMG_6766.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have a very exciting update!!! So I found a great 3-rail folding trailer kit, ordered off the internet and had it shipped from California. Over a few days, just a few hours each evening I got it build with no problems! It is a great trailer, great quality, folds easy and fits my needs perfectly, and fits in my garage thanks to its folding option! So now on to the fun part of the update!!! We took the bikes outs 3 different times over the past 2 weeks, and are we having a totally BLAST! I attached some photos, hope you enjoy! One thing weird though. I was riding mine, it ran great, no issues at all. Rode straight for about 20 minutes, then shut if off to go help my boys get a drink from the water cooler. Got back on mine, hit the starter and when I did it just made a rapid ticking noise, almost like a low/dead battery. So I pushed started it, got it to run but it will only run at idle, if I give it any throttle it runs very rough with a long pause between it wanting to rev and it wanting to idle (not sure I'm doing a very good job explaining), and it all repeats. If I just let it idle it will idle ok. I checked the choke, the fuel shut-off, it has plenty of gas... so I am quite confused. When done riding, 10 minutes of loading up and getting the gear in the truck, and a 25 minute drive home. I tried starting it and it acted the same. The bike never laid over or anything like that. Not sure what's up, and remember these bikes were bought brand new from the show room. And this is actually the first time I've rode mine. Any ideas before I call the dealer?

Don't even mess around. It's under warranty so call the dealer, explain you just bought 3 bikes and yours won't run right and it's brand new... Don't let them charge you for it either.

I don't think it would idle without the choke if it was a pilot jet that was completely plugged. Partial plug or water can do it tho. When mine do that and I can get them running they will bring me home if you keep it wound up and throttle opened. If I was guessing, I would say the fuel screen at the shutoff valve. Water in the float bowl would be next. The dealer would be a stop before I put a wrench to anything else.

OK... I dropped the bike off at the dealer at lunch time today. They guy I bought the bikes from called me and told me the battery was 100% dead. He said they replaced it and it was really to pick up. I picked it up after work, the tech explained that with a completely dead battery, the bike will not product the electric needed to run at RPM, and they didn't charge me anything! They are a great group!