125 New to me 06 YZ125 lowered?

I have a compressor for the shop I am building in Nikiski (house should be done this fall, then the shop) it has two motors and two v twin compressors, just over 300 gallons. It will spin a meter hard enough to seize it, but I wanted "instant".

I have a compressor for the shop I am building in Nikiski (house should be done this fall, then the shop) it has two motors and two v twin compressors, just over 300 gallons. It will spin a meter hard enough to seize it, but I wanted "instant".

Hope you are planning on having security on that property......video cameras, alarms,electric fence, land mines,barbed wire, armed gaurd towers, and a dozen bi polar chihuahuas. them thieving junkies down there will stop at nothing less to take what they want.

Hope you are planning on having security on that property......video cameras, alarms,electric fence, land mines,barbed wire, armed gaurd towers, and a dozen bi polar chihuahuas. them thieving junkies down there will stop at nothing less to take what they want.

So far so good. I think it helps that it is knows as an active shooting range. We get the steel targets ringing pretty loud a strong. It is about 2 miles past the Kenai city limit, so not "deepest darkest" Nikiski.

Hey Fellas... Little update here... I had a wrestling match on my back porch with a tire, a rim, tire spoons and myself. As usual I ask all women and children to vacate the area as numerous curse words will uncontrollably fly from my mouth... Anyway, the tire spoons and myself won (as usual) but the tire and rim did put up a valiant fight. Before I put the new tire on I did my best to true the rim. It's not perfect but it appears any run out is less than 3mm. I think I can live with that. I also mocked up the chain. Just waiting for then rear shock before I button everything up.
87bf4cd0f39bbdb8f61b81cf9678fde8.jpg

5679c2e6ef2ea944122042d14b6e1b00.jpg

f075a01ae5273349c4b03802c8fbaf43.jpg

8ca9027dd3e888b1d6155eb8889de712.jpg

I also received a new Tusk clutch with heavy duty springs. I'll do that when the bike has all the wheels and when I change the oil...
8aec548bd01f46cdaf5ea9911f41b030.jpg

Hey Fellas... Little update here... I had a wrestling match on my back porch with a tire, a rim, tire spoons and myself. As usual I ask all women and children to vacate the area as numerous curse words will uncontrollably fly from my mouth... Anyway, the tire spoons and myself won (as usual) but the tire and rim did put up a valiant fight. Before I put the new tire on I did my best to true the rim. It's not perfect but it appears any run out is less than 3mm. I think I can live with that. I also mocked up the chain. Just waiting for then rear shock before I button everything up.
87bf4cd0f39bbdb8f61b81cf9678fde8.jpg

5679c2e6ef2ea944122042d14b6e1b00.jpg

f075a01ae5273349c4b03802c8fbaf43.jpg

8ca9027dd3e888b1d6155eb8889de712.jpg

I also received a new Tusk clutch with heavy duty springs. I'll do that when the bike has all the wheels and when I change the oil...
8aec548bd01f46cdaf5ea9911f41b030.jpg

You won't like the HD springs especially on the 125. Keep the stockers or get a hydro clutch.

That chain looks just a bit tight for me. Nice time to line up the axle, pivot bolt, and center of the countershaft and see how snug it is going to be in swing.

That chain looks just a bit tight for me. Nice time to line up the axle, pivot bolt, and center of the countershaft and see how snug it is going to be in swing.

Oh yeah...Good eye... It definitely is. One can strum it... I don't have the materlink clip on yet. My swingarm is just hanging there since there is no shock installed. It's propped on the anvil. I'll set the chain tightness once the shock is installed...

Oh yeah...Good eye... It definitely is. One can strum it... I don't have the materlink clip on yet. My swingarm is just hanging there since there is no shock installed. It's propped on the anvil. I'll set the chain tightness once the shock is installed...
Yep, once the shock is bake and the bike is on the stand you can get the good two finger reading right in front of the mud flap. That is about where I do it. Your finger results may vary.

Hi Fellas... Tomorrow is my birthday! I turn 42! Holy shit! Where have the years gone?? My dad always told me... One day you are going to wake up.. and your 50 years old. Then he always added, I hope... Just to snap me back to reality as I thought, 50 is a long ways away... A life long dream of mine has been to have a riding/Motocross relationship with my son. I got a later start in life with kids than I wanted but I am fortunate to have two normal (pains in the ass), healthy kids. I remain healthy enough to be able to ride as well. I'm just a lot more sore than I used to be. Anyway... To turn this post back to my motorcycle.... I received a gift today from my wife. In the mail came a box addressed to me. So I opened it. In the box was coolant hoses.. Silicone and blue. I remembered browsing this but I didn't remember purchasing them. My wife saw me with them and said those are for your birthday tomorrow... Nice surprise... I couldn't wait though so I drained the coolant and installed them.
24243fe91633632e2927caf68383148a.jpg

e39f3ac2c4f0de81ffbc8820501c4209.jpg

My kids are getting me a Hammerhead shifter and a Tusk axle tightener. So I thought I would remove the shifter so when I get the new one all I have to do is put it on. Well... once I did it appeared the shift shaft is bent out side the case. It appears to have a slight bend towards the rear of the bike. The shifting is operating fine so I don't feel the immediate need to put in a new one. The job itself looks pretty easy. I think it can be done by just removing the clutch cover and the clutch basket. Worst case would be having to remove the outer cover. Again... not a big deal.... My question is though... Will that slight bend make it impossible to pull out? I'm thinking I may have to use a cut off wheel and cut it as close to the case as possible. That scares me though. I'm just going to leave it alone I think...
929cef8bfe56ac8e5e13d39e2a1c41c7.jpg

608be5ffc506ce29c1c9a57da4b95e04.jpg

e5281de47cf8ea1fcad38aa7496a00e9.jpg

I also removed the rear brake foot pedal and cleaned and greased the articulation point. [emoji1303]

Last edited: