450F New Papa of '08 kx450f

Haven't gotten the parts yet. Just checked my order status and every part was listed as "on order".

Today I went out to the barn, figured I'd just make sure the bike is prepped to throw this stuff together when the parts get in. Making sure everything is cleaned, organized, and ready for me to install gaskets and tighten bolts.

And I'll be damned, the oil pump gear fell out.

I'm like, "what the hell is this! The shaft is gone!" My son says, "You mean that stubbie little thing that fell out of this cover when you took it off a few days ago?"

Yes kid. The stubbie little thing that fell out. That you saw fall. And didn't say anything about it.

Beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to get to ride this damn thing.

I've already considered just selling it once I get it in proper working order just because of the headaches it's already caused.

Stolen. Got home this afternoon and it's like it vanished into thin air. There aren't even any tracks from being pushed out of the barn. The parts, my son's dirt bike, my Vulcan and the few tools I left in the barn were untouched, as well as the two nice pushmowers.

I got an email notification from Bike Bandit that my parts just shipped out, WHILE I WAS FILLING OUT THE DAMN POLICE REPORT.

Stolen. Got home this afternoon and it's like it vanished into thin air. There aren't even any tracks from being pushed out of the barn. The parts, my son's dirt bike, my Vulcan and the few tools I left in the barn were untouched, as well as the two nice pushmowers.

I got an email notification from Bike Bandit that my parts just shipped out, WHILE I WAS FILLING OUT THE DAMN POLICE REPORT.

Dude......that blows. Now see, that should be a hangin offense in my book.

Dude......that blows. Now see, that should be a hangin offense in my book.
+1
Hang the picks.

I was just getting in to your story and nearly fell off my seat reading it was stolen.

I have my bikes locked together with a heavy cable coupled with an alarmed lock. I also have an alarmed disk lock but I know no amount of locking and alarming will stop these arseholes, so best of all I have insurance, for only $11 a week I can sleep easy.

I hope they find your bike and you get it back soon.

Was going to get insurance. Then started taking it apart.
My girlfriend asked me Sunday evening if I was going to put the cable on it. I said "Nah, thieves don't steal things they have to fix."
Yesterday was the first day it didn't have the cable on it.

There are so many things that don't make sense.

It rained all night Sunday night. There's no tracks. Not even inside the barn. Whoever took it would have at least needed to turn it around to get it out of the barn, and the ground is super soft. No tracks in the yard from any trucks either.

They left my son's bike and my Vulcan alone. They both run.

They left the parts behind.

I think someone stole it to use it as a parts bike, or sell it cheap as a parts bike.

And I'm in a low crime area out in the country. My neighbors come over to check if they see something going on when I'm not supposed to be home. No one saw a thing.

That is odd, could they have wheeled it backwards over your tracks you made when you wheeled it in?

Are you on farm land and could you claim for it as a farm vehicle through your home insurance?

Too bad you made the police report, I had my brand new dirt bike stolen when I was a kid by the guy who bought my old bike from me. My father didn't report it straight away instead he insured it then reported it stolen 2 weeks later.
I'm no saying that's the right thing to do but neither is stealing someone else's property.

I never ride my bike on my land for the fear of someone seeing I have it, I usually load it and leave to ride somewhere else.

That is odd, could they have wheeled it backwards over your tracks you made when you wheeled it in?

Are you on farm land and could you claim for it as a farm vehicle through your home insurance?

Too bad you made the police report, I had my brand new dirt bike stolen when I was a kid by the guy who bought my old bike from me. My father didn't report it straight away instead he insured it then reported it stolen 2 weeks later.
I'm no saying that's the right thing to do but neither is stealing someone else's property.

I never ride my bike on my land for the fear of someone seeing I have it, I usually load it and leave to ride somewhere else.

Maybe aliens beamed it on their ship.

The way it was parked, it was impossible to wheel it backwards over my own tracks. Even if they could, why would they? I can see no reason at all for anyone to try to hide the tracks leading out of the barn.

But it's literally like it vanished into thin air. There weren't even any foot prints other than mine and the deputy's.

As far as insuring it and then reporting it stolen...
This is not a dig at your old man, but even with the amount of money and time I'd already invested, I simply couldn't do that.
First, it's just against my nature for that sort of dishonesty.
Second, that's fraud. My ex wife would love to get custody of our son, and any sort of criminal charges would pretty much hand it to her on a silver platter. There's a very damn good reason (several, actually) that I, a man, got custody in an assbackwards state like Mississippi. And I don't mean that as an insult to MS, that's my home state and if I could find a decent job there I'd pack my shit right this second. But anyone from there knows the woman gets custody, that's just the way it is. Except under certain circumstances.

I kinda suspect the seller. He put an inaccurate vin on the bill of sale, and he's stalling on sending me the title, or even a picture of it. The Sheriff's Department is telling me they can't do much without the vin, unless I happen to identify it in person. It can be bought and sold at any pawn shop or dealership, and without an accurate VIN, it won't send up any flags on their system and any one can apply for a new title without getting flagged. Also, ORVs don't even need a title or registration here, which makes it easier for any thief to steal one and fence it.

So, I pretty much have to find it myself. Unless or until I get an accurate VIN or the title which will have the VIN on it.

And the seller was all too happy to deliver it to my house, which meant he also needed my schedule so he'd know when to drop it off.

The way it was parked, it was impossible to wheel it backwards over my own tracks. Even if they could, why would they? I can see no reason at all for anyone to try to hide the tracks leading out of the barn.

But it's literally like it vanished into thin air. There weren't even any foot prints other than mine and the deputy's.

As far as insuring it and then reporting it stolen...
This is not a dig at your old man, but even with the amount of money and time I'd already invested, I simply couldn't do that.
First, it's just against my nature for that sort of dishonesty.
Second, that's fraud. My ex wife would love to get custody of our son, and any sort of criminal charges would pretty much hand it to her on a silver platter. There's a very damn good reason (several, actually) that I, a man, got custody in an assbackwards state like Mississippi. And I don't mean that as an insult to MS, that's my home state and if I could find a decent job there I'd pack my shit right this second. But anyone from there knows the woman gets custody, that's just the way it is. Except under certain circumstances.

I kinda suspect the seller. He put an inaccurate vin on the bill of sale, and he's stalling on sending me the title, or even a picture of it. The Sheriff's Department is telling me they can't do much without the vin, unless I happen to identify it in person. It can be bought and sold at any pawn shop or dealership, and without an accurate VIN, it won't send up any flags on their system and any one can apply for a new title without getting flagged. Also, ORVs don't even need a title or registration here, which makes it easier for any thief to steal one and fence it.

So, I pretty much have to find it myself. Unless or until I get an accurate VIN or the title which will have the VIN on it.

And the seller was all too happy to deliver it to my house, which meant he also needed my schedule so he'd know when to drop it off.

Well if you do find it, call the cops to meet you in case shit goes sideways. I recovered my RM after 8 days from being stolen, I had filed a report but a buddy of mine spotted it, I called the cops and they were down there PDQ, things go a little better when you have the cops with you.

I've got the word out all over the place.

Here's something fun. I ride metric bikes. Have nothing against Harleys, just can't afford them and I'm not a mechanic, I'm just a talented and experienced parts swapper.

But I'm also friendly acquaintances with a local chapter pres of a 1% support club, and another of their more senior members.

I told them about it. MCs can't stand a bike thief. And many of them, when it comes to a stolen bike, don't care if it's metric, a kid's dirt bike, or the local barista's vespa, you'd better pray to whatever gods you believe in that the cops find the thief before they do.

They said they'd happily keep an eye out for it.

I agree, I wouldn't and have never been dishonest with any of my insurance, had some trouble with them but always get photo photo evidence to back up any claims.
Your seller seems like a real suspect, if he doesn't send the paper work I would be knocking on his door, do you have his address considering he delivered it?

Nope, sure don't. But, he sent me a pic of what APPEARS to be the VIN engraved/stamped on the bike.

It looks legit, and is the same as what's on the BOS. Yet, it keeps coming back as invalid.

I used to sell cars for a living. Only job I've ever been fired from for poor performance. Needless to say, I wasn't making a living. But I got a lot of experience transcribing VINs.

No idea where to go from here. Local LE can't/won't put it in the leads program without a valid VIN.

Any suggestions or help are appreciated.

JKAKYGDCX8A02xxxx

Last edited: