450F New Papa of '08 kx450f

Thanks! I'll start looking for one. Any recommendations?

Also, it most definitely is leaking coolant. Right below the drain plug on the water pump cap, where the cap mates to the... ? whatchamacallit.

I checked both surfaces and scraped them off. Didn't have another gasket, so I stenciled one out of a cereal box (don't laugh, it's an old "get it home" trick). Smeared a little RTV along the edges, and it still leaked.

Not even while running and under pressure. I mean I pour in coolant, it leaks out the bottom. About one drop per second. I fear something may be cracked, although I couldn't find a crack anywhere. Because even if my field expedient gasket wasn't going to work at all, it shouldn't be leaking that fast.

Will pick up a gasket tomorrow and take some fine sandpaper to both surfaces when I try again.

Well great. I'm reading the manual. Turns out there's a drain hole right there and it drains when the oil seal goes out. That's something I'm gonna have to order I'm sure. The local service shops are worthless. They don't keep any parts in stock. They don't even keep tires in stock.

Haha! Took my Vulcan in for an oil change once. ONCE. Was told they'd have to order the oil and oil filter. I took it to advanced auto parts, then to my office and changed it there. That's when I decided they're good for nothing but clothes and stickers.

So, anyone else ever use Bikebandit?
I ended up ordering quite a few parts, thankfully mostly bolts! Impeller, impeller shaft, and gaskets being the most expensive items I got.

So lemme give a shameless plug real quick.

I've used Bikebandit in the past, twice. Ordered a new rear tire for my Vulcan, then an oversized front pully and washer.

The tire was ordered on a Wednesday afternoon. I opted for the free shipping. Damn tire showed up the next morning.
The pulley and washer were delivered two days after purchase.

Maybe I got lucky? I don't know. But coupled with their reasonable prices on OEM, that's who I used this time around. Should have the parts Monday or Tuesday at the latest, but if prior experience is any indicator, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they show up today or tomorrow.

You might have heard me tell this. One of the dumbest things anyone has ever told me from motor cycle shop was "no, you ordered the wrong size sprocket. We corrected that." I had called to tell them that they had shipped me the wrong size. They were convinced my em 465 was SUPOSED to have a stock sprocket and NOTHING else.

You might have heard me tell this. One of the dumbest things anyone has ever told me from motor cycle shop was "no, you ordered the wrong size sprocket. We corrected that." I had called to tell them that they had shipped me the wrong size. They were convinced my em 465 was SUPOSED to have a stock sprocket and NOTHING else.

I've had pretty good luck with the guys down there. Maybe a few years ago there were a couple ding dongs that were weeded out. I use those guys almost exclusively now that Go Pro closed their doors.