250 New here

Welcome to DBA Charles :wave:
A stock filter box cover with correct fixings without the aid of sealant will suffice as its not meant to be sealed!
Surely there is one on eebers cheap enough:noidea:
P.s. don't buy the gallon of sealant

Is eebers a website? Or are you talking about eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright so I threw the air filter back in and tightened everything back up but now the bike won't run. Turns over but doesn't seem to fire. I'll check the spark plug when I get back from work. Hoping it's something simple. I'll post a video later today.

Last edited:
Checked the plug and it was a little wet but cleaning it didn't seem to help. It does have spark. It's a very dark black tho. Sign of anything?
c03fa33f1a71128541e729d6ef8da6f6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm lost here. The bike was running fine until you pulled the air filter out and cleaned it? Did you put filter oil on the filter? If so, too much? You also mentioned sealing the filter, not sure what you are talking about. Did you put a grease ring around the filter where it makes contact with the air boot? you don't have rag in the air box do you?

I'm lost here. The bike was running fine until you pulled the air filter out and cleaned it? Did you put filter oil on the filter? If so, too much? You also mentioned sealing the filter, not sure what you are talking about. Did you put a grease ring around the filter where it makes contact with the air boot? you don't have rag in the air box do you?

I oiled the filter and sealed the filter to its boot (because the edges don't sit tight to it) cleaned the air box and then put it back in. I may have put too much oil on it. How much oil is too much?

Went to change the oil and found this shit in the filter. Oil is jet black but no chunks. [emoji853] any idea what these things were? Gasket?

5d28f01971a102dbeb423dfff173fde1.jpg
7e0fb239d1468bff17e940bc62936a0d.jpg
058423a98ecd6e9fd8cdcb3399143a90.jpg

Please halp..don't want to run it without a gasket that it needs.

Last edited:
Went to change the oil and found this shit in the filter. Oil is jet black but no chunks. [emoji853] any idea what these things were? Gasket?

5d28f01971a102dbeb423dfff173fde1.jpg
7e0fb239d1468bff17e940bc62936a0d.jpg
058423a98ecd6e9fd8cdcb3399143a90.jpg

Please halp..don't want to run it without a gasket that it needs.

That's gasket remnants. Probably the first oil filter change its ever had. I wouldn't worry until you saw shiny gold flakes.