New bike!

Looks good, silver stripe and all. Did someone just paint the silver stripe on the rims? Also, why is the chain a pain to adjust? :noidea:

Looks good, silver stripe and all. Did someone just paint the silver stripe on the rims? Also, why is the chain a pain to adjust? :noidea:
No, I'm thinking someone has rode it with a flat and or low tire pressure, so the tire would be rubbing on the rim and that would probably cause some paint to come off.... that's my only conclusion.

And for the chain, when we straighten the wheel up - the chain goes tight, when we loosen the chain - wheel isn't straight. :smashpc:

And for the chain, when we straighten the wheel up - the chain goes tight, when we loosen the chain - wheel isn't straight. :smashpc:
Sounds to me like the chain is too short. Is the axle all the way up to the front of the adjustment grooves? If so you need to get a new and longer chain. Did someone change sprockets recently?

Sounds to me like the chain is too short. Is the axle all the way up to the front of the adjustment grooves? If so you need to get a new and longer chain. Did someone change sprockets recently?
I think i might try again 'cause it isn't out in front of the adjustment grooves really.
It doesn't have new sprockets or anything.. might even need a new rear one soon.

I think i might try again 'cause it isn't out in front of the adjustment grooves really.
It doesn't have new sprockets or anything.. might even need a new rear one soon.
It is always best if the axle can be somewhere in the center of the slot for adjustment room. :prof:

Super nice bike man, you might benefit from a new chain if it is too short, which I think it is. Personally I run my chains a little tighter (not that much though). If your looking for a new sprocket too as I replace my when I replace my chain, I'm a big believer in Renthal aluminum and renthal gold series chains. My aluminum sprocket has lasted me all season, and I race the longest season of anyone in my series, or state. The chain has held very nicely too. Food for thought :thumb:

James

Staff member
Sexy bike! :drool:

Oddly enough James hasnt posted his Kawi boner yet...

:smirk:
Saw it just now. :thumb:

Two ways to reroute it is, one: pull the line off but you will then have to bleed the brakes if you get air in the line or two: pull the wheel off then pull the caliper off and swing it back around. I perfer the second to not get air in my brake line.

Edit: you shouldn't have to pull the wheel off now that I think of it, just diconnect the line bracket on the fork and swing the caliper over the tire.
Should be able to remove the caliber with a 10mm(?) hex and just flip it around the fork. :noidea:

P.S. this is a bike thread, please keep the gay jokes out of these threads. :thumb:

James

Staff member
Here's how it sits at the moment.. the chain is a pain in the arse to adjust
:thinking: The chain is actually pretty easy to adjust, you sure that you're doing it right?
  • Loosen the rear axle nut
  • Loosen the nut on the chain adjuster bolt that goes into the swingarm. (12mm wrench?)
  • Using a 10mm(?) wrench turn the bolt in or out, depending on what you're trying to do.
    • In = loosen chain
    • Out = tighten chain
  • Make sure that you turn the bolts on either side an equal amount or your wheel may become off center and your chain will wear quicker.
  • Confirm that the chain slack is now in spec
  • Tighten the nut on the chain adjuster bolt
  • Tighten the axle nut
  • Go ride
The next time you replace your chain/sprockets, I'd remove the chain adjuster bolts and put some anti-seize on them. That's one bolt that you really don't want to snap off or strip out.
One thing to remember is that adjusting your chain also changes your wheel base, which will effect your cornering. I'd suggest keeping it somewhat in the center unless you know what you're doing.

Sexy bike! :drool:

Saw it just now. :thumb:

Should be able to remove the caliber with a 10mm(?) hex and just flip it around the fork. :noidea:

P.S. this is a bike thread, please keep the gay jokes out of these threads. :thumb:

Where did I say anything about gay jokes? :noidea: :loco: