Need 2 stroke wisdom

What year yz has the widest seat? I feel like I'm riding a wedgie with most motocross seats. That's why I was leaning toward a cr250. But I know that Yamaha is the better bike. Since its a Yamaha
I'm 145 lbs and I jumped right on a 250 2t as my first bike I been riding it for 2 months and love it I like the bikes from the 90s wider seats I don't like the new ones for the same reason narrow seats

i have a 95 yz 125, as well as a mixed year from 02-03. the older frame and seat is better for long rides. fyi it has the same suspension as the 02-03 pretty much. the newer one feels a little like you are sitting on a sawhorse in comparison.

i have a 95 yz 125, as well as a mixed year from 02-03. the older frame and seat is better for long rides. fyi it has the same suspension as the 02-03 pretty much. the newer one feels a little like you are sitting on a sawhorse in comparison.
Did the 95 have the 6 speed gear box like the 00/01?

Did the 95 have the 6 speed gear box like the 00/01?
yeah. the 5's just didnt work for most people on 125's.

to clarify something: the 95 still had 43mm forks on it. I have put the forks off a newer one on it, and did have some 47's from a honda on it, which was the best working set.

Last edited: