Need 2 stroke wisdom

It is a really great place to start or to even end up. There is a world of things you can do to upgrade it as you go, but they really hold their resale best when left pretty much the way they come. When Kawasaki built that engine they took the 200 and simply overbored it. They left the transfer ports alone when they bored it, so it retarded the timing. They also went to a slightly smaller carburetor. All that made it even better than it was for low and midrange trail riding. It is simple to advnce the port timing and buy a bigger carburetor, and you can make it bigger yet if you want.

I have both. Rm 250 and KDX200. Both great bikes. You can handle a mx if want it is throttle control. The kdx won't wear you out as much as the mx bike will. Less snap off the throttle but it will still get up and go. The kdx is just a fat pig in my opinion and I personally like riding my RM. I like the snap. :ride:

Well, I haven't made move on a bike yet. However, I've put in a lot of time on the 600 and love the power! Wheelies all day! The weight though... Wow, I literally put my back out for a week just picking it up. Certainly after a yz250 or cr250 again. Leaning toward the yz. Just a couple of questions. What years will accept newer plastics? I like the new style and have always wanted a yellow yamaha. I know they make yellow sets. And rather an odd question but, do you need to clutch up wheelie on a yz? Or better yet, can you without doing a backflip?

However, And rather an odd question but, do you need to clutch up wheelie on a yz? Or better yet, can you without doing a backflip?

It depends on the situation, the gear and the speed. a good wheelie is mix of throttle control, brake control, balance and coordination all done at the same time.

Google "Doug Domokos"

It depends on the situation, the gear and the speed. a good wheelie is mix of throttle control, brake control, balance and coordination all done at the same time.

Google "Doug Domokos"

Aka the wheelie king....that guy was as trick as a one trick pony ever was, i was a fan of his anyways.

Somewhere on the net someone must have that picture of Doug Domokos riding the rear wheel with "that" note Jim Weinert left on the underside of the frame.

250cc for sure. Im 6 ft 155 lbs and the 250s are absolutely percfect. I have 2 KX250s, a KTM 250 xcw (perfect trail rider) and a KDX220. Im glad to hear you are digging on the 2 strokes, we are a dying breed of TRUE riders!

He and Jim Weinert used to prank each other a lot. Weinert told Doug Domokos before a show given at a race that he was getting even. Made Dimokos super nervous that his bike had been messed with. Sure enough it had. There is a picture of Doug riding verticle. There is a double strip of duct tape visible on the glide plate."I'm GAY" in marker is written on the tape.