Neck braces

James

Staff member
The Leatt Adventures are the cheapest ones that I have been able to find and they are still like $275.
I wouldn't recommend the Adventure as you can't adjust it.
Thats exactly the problem I had, I couldn't move my neck up down or anything it got really annoying and made it difficult to ride, I guess you get used to it after awhile but I just straight up don't like it.
How long did you wear it, because it took me a couple hours to get used to it and now I feel naked without it. Plus was it even fitted for you? If you get the Club model you can adjust the front and back parts up or down.
to be honest, i dont think youd need one. i mean your not going fast or in any situation someone could land on you. and i doubt that you will also ever be in a situation where your neck will ever hyper-flex so much so that you will get spinal damage from it.
:shocked: Are you serious?

You can do as much if not more damage if you crash will going slow, sound weird right? Think about, you bail while going fast, you hit the ground with a forward motion/less direct impact. Your back end comes out in a corner and you high-side/go down, your full weight ends up hitting the ground straight down.

Earlier this year, I was coming out of a loose corner and BAM next I know I'm on the ground. Literally broke the inner shell on my Bell Moto 8 and got a bruise on my shoulder from my neck brace. Then a month later I lost it in the whoops and knocking myself silly again. Yet this time there was no visible damage to the helmet, besides the scuff marks on the outside. So I don't think it's smart to say that you don't need one if you only go slow.

Here's the piece of equipment that I owe my life to. :hail:

IMG_20100820_185332.jpg

I wouldn't recommend the Adventure as you can't adjust it.

How long did you wear it, because it took me a couple hours to get used to it and now I feel naked without it. Plus was it even fitted for you? If you get the Club model you can adjust the front and back parts up or down.

:shocked: Are you serious?

You can do as much if not more damage if you crash will going slow, sound weird right? Think about, you bail while going fast, you hit the ground with a forward motion/less direct impact. Your back end comes out in a corner and you high-side/go down, your full weight ends up hitting the ground straight down.

Earlier this year, I was coming out of a loose corner and BAM next I know I'm on the ground. Literally broke the inner shell on my Bell Moto 8 and got a bruise on my shoulder from my neck brace. Then a month later I lost it in the whoops and knocking myself silly again. Yet this time there was no visible damage to the helmet, besides the scuff marks on the outside. So I don't think it's smart to say that you don't need one if you only go slow.

Here's the piece of equipment that I owe my life to. :hail:

IMG_20100820_185332.jpg
Ahh I know that's always puzzled me how you can get hurt worse going 5mph vs 45mph. I acutally learned that when I stress fractured my elbow in 3places literally at a stop.
And I honestly couldn't tell you it was my friends, but we practically match up in sizes maybe off by a few centimeters here and there but were ultimately the same size, I only wore it for about 30minutes and I said screw it I don't like this at all.

:moon: I kinda take offense to that :lol: do I sound like a 40 year old man?? Plus I ride track not trails :prof: lol just messing trail riders :smirk:
Lol no its not that you sound old or anything haha its just that your an admin haha(:
:lol: Why does everyone think we're like 40 something? :noidea: :bonk:
Wait your not like a 40year old man either!?
Wtf I feel so outta the loop. We need a thread where where everyone just posts there birthday and age.:lol::smirk:

James

Staff member
And I honestly couldn't tell you it was my friends, but we practically match up in sizes maybe off by a few centimeters here and there but were ultimately the same size, I only wore it for about 30minutes and I said screw it I don't like this at all.
Your friend might like wearing it differently then you, I'd suggest trying one out that you can actually sit down and adjust before you wear it. If not that check out the alphinestars one as it looks like it sits lower and allows more head movement.
Wait your not like a 40year old man either!?
:picard:

:lol: I just turned 22 last week and Williams turns 18 in a couple months or so. I don't have my age in my profile as people generally don't give me any respect after they know I'm only 22. That's until they actually get to know me, but by then the ship has sailed. :bonk: