Neck braces

I'll let you know. I'm pretty adaptable so I expect I'll get used to it, but who knows.
I might have gone with the GPX if I was only buying for me, but I'm buying for two, so price was important.
At the end of the day I am quite sure I could have bought some foam and made my own, (and that might be what I will be getting in the mail next week), but for the price I think it was a better option than nothing.
I'll report back in a few weeks of myself and my son wearing it...

Last edited:
People go back and forth on them. I haven't really accepted them yet, but I suppose I should try harder to. For years I have used one of the anchored foam rolls and built up underneath it so that I could use it as a "support" when I am about to take a larger obstacle than my arthritis and oft injured neck will stand. Funny how you learn to time going "turtle". The ones I have tried on don't seem so adaptable to what I am using the roll for.

People go back and forth on them.
Yeah I do too, and at the end of the day I would like to see some statistics on spinal injuries, but I doubt they exist.
I figured I needed to be the responsible father though and get one for the kiddo, then I thought, "ya know, if I break my neck riding..."
Better safe than sorry overrode the pocketbook.

Last edited:
I think I would be wearing one if it would do what the roll does for me now. Maybe if I had worn one in the past my neck xrays wouldn't look road maps.

Maybe if I had worn one in the past my neck xrays wouldn't look road maps.
Maybe is a key word I think.
I am fairly confident that if I took a towel and rolled it up and shoved it under my helmet I would get similar protection.
I'm not entirely sold on it yet, but it looks good on paper. And when you have an ex that disagrees with you letting the kiddo have a murder-cycle and is looking for any angle to regain custody, it is best to cover all the bases.
Funny how that factors into things isn't it?

In the world of extreme stunts performed on dirtsickles it is best to have all the protection you can. Kids and adults(kids) are going to try dumb things or just have normal get-offs that will break something. My kid had neck surgery when he was 17 for Chiari malformation and was told he would not play football or ride a dirt bike again. short story, he healed and was released to play and ride, but was recommended to wear a neck brace. He would fight his mom over it and when I took a digger not too soon after, I bought one for myself and to show him I was wearing one so the fight was over. It is now a piece of equipment that gets put on.

I look at neck braces as I do a helmet, how much is your safety worth?

Zach rode with the EVS brace on last weekend. It didn't work with the body armor suit I got for him, but that fits a little too big for him now anyway so he put on the elbow pads and rode 5 hours with it. He was fine.
I haven't worn mine yet but were going to the track this coming weekend and will then.
I also just threw down another 130+ for a couple Fox R3? chest/roost/shoulder protectors for us both.
And I thought skydiving was expensive...