Amatuer my racing scedules are here.

ok so im gonna be racing at to different tracks this summer...my first race is gonna be march 5th at pyramid valley raceway im so EXCITED! wish me luck, ill post more stuff later.

my lil bikes gonna be in for a heck of a ride.

(new pic later)

iv kinda decided to keep it since i dont want to risk missing any races, that any i hate the ummm what do you call it...stress of selling a bike. i mean well idk, if someone wants it ill proly still sell but idk

Best choice is pick a track and race there as much as possible. Malvern for me, you devolpe a taste how things should go and find the fastest lines. Plus since you don't have enough money for every race (don't know if I do either :noidea:) then you will have enough points at the track to qualify for prizes. And you won't have to buy a 2nd membership if your on diffrent circuit.

:picard: i just remembered something, i have to be a member of TMX to race, well i can race but its gonna cost a boat-load membership is $50 for a year so i might not be able to race TMX for awhile... well probly better that way so be like get used to the ways of a track then race at the big beasty track lol, TMX is a pretty sick track from what iv seen in vids but pyramid valley was pretty sick in the vids to. well i guess ill find out huh?

That membership is so they have money for court cost because all their dick neighbors have dust and noise complaints. I'd rather pay the membership and race at their track, I mean, the money's going to a good cause.

Good luck:thumb:

Now start:prof: that training!

i started training awhile back but quit (im lazy :lol:) i need to get back in the groove, my suspension is to soft to begin with im gonna die since im like 150lbs with gear on (i know i need a 125) and i cant afford a revalve.

Good luck:thumb:

Now start:prof: that training!

I just bumped up my training today!

Monday-running
Tuesday-Mt biking
Wednesday-pull ups, push ups and sit ups. All that good stuff
Thursday- off
Friday, Saturday, Sunday- Set aside for racing and practice.

Right now I'm 150. And Zach, Stiffen up that suspension dude! Make it harder than a rock! New track guys WILL have ALOT of casing, it will soften it up the hard blows a bit. My bikes set so there is no change in the suspension when I hop up on it. I don't case much anymore but a tight chain, hard suspension and tight controls make me feel better. Those clickers are magic, on on linkage, one on rear shock, one on each fork.

I just bumped up my training today!

Monday-running
Tuesday-Mt biking
Wednesday-pull ups, push ups and sit ups. All that good stuff
Thursday- off
Friday, Saturday, Sunday- Set aside for racing and practice.

Right now I'm 150. And Zach, Stiffen up that suspension dude! Make it harder than a rock! New track guys WILL have ALOT of casing, it will soften it up the hard blows a bit. My bikes set so there is no change in the suspension when I hop up on it. I don't case much anymore but a tight chain, hard suspension and tight controls make me feel better. Those clickers are magic, on on linkage, one on rear shock, one on each fork.

i messed with the clickers on the forks, it didnt seem to change at all..well it stiffened them up a wee bit but not nearly enough, of course it could be the lack of fork oil...here when i run unto about $70/$80 ill redo my forks.

James

Staff member
Stiffen up that suspension dude! Make it harder than a rock! New track guys WILL have ALOT of casing, it will soften it up the hard blows a bit. My bikes set so there is no change in the suspension when I hop up on it.
:shocked: Dang dude, I wouldn't advise that, I'd strongly suggest setting up your sag (suspension) the "right way". You might be surprised at how much faster you'll be, for one if you soften them up a little it'll help settle the bike over braking bumps.

If the bike is sitting on the ground with no weight on it and then you sit on it in full riding gear, your suspension should "sink" around 3".

Jackson did a nice How-To on this subject.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/content/147-how-set-your-race-sag.html
i messed with the clickers on the forks, it didnt seem to change at all..well it stiffened them up a wee bit but not nearly enough, of course it could be the lack of fork oil...here when i run unto about $70/$80 ill redo my forks.
If you have the right springs in for your weight, then just set the clickers to their middle range. You can fine tune them after you have a bunch of riding time in and can actually tell a difference.

The other thing you need to check on every ride is your tire pressure, a good range to start at is 12-15 PSI.