my next bike....i need opinions

See your obviously right EVERYTIME I can see your point with the 250f thing but it's just like lifting weights. Let's say your curling a 40lb. Dumbbell every week for 6 weeks at the end of six weeks your going to be curling that thing like a champion. When you have a 450 you don't just go all out until you know your capabilities and you will adapt to the heavier bike as you go, giving you more muscle and letting you control the bike with more ease
Im sorry you are wrong.Im speaking from experience. enough said. Im sure CDA could school me on his 450 anywhere.

Im sorry you are wrong.Im speaking from experience. enough said. Im sure CDA could school me on his 450 anywhere.
Wait so your saying he won't gain any muscle and it won't get any easier? And I have experience from it to because it was hard stepping up from a 85 to a 125 because it's bigger and if that kid has ridden a 500 two stroke he can handle a 450

SRAD97750

Staff member
My 500 weighs more (265) and has a longer wheelbase than a 450, I have NO issues wallowing through the tight stuff. Ask anyone I've ridden with...
Gearing and upper body strength play a HUGE roll. That is all...

My 500 weighs more (265) and has a longer wheelbase than a 450, I have NO issues wallowing through the tight stuff. Ask anyone I've ridden with...
Gearing and upper body strength play a HUGE roll. That is all...
You also weigh more than your bike right? not to be rude, because your 500 is a sick ride, but id be willing to bet that you could ride the tight twisties faster on a 300xc. But for the price, and maintenance, the 500 is unbeatable.

That's exactly why I don't want one haha... They are SO NICE when they run but, when there broken they are the Devil haha

If you rode a 250 smoker it would be a different story. they can be screamers like your bike, or you can tune them to be mellow like a 4t. 125s are always screamers cause they have to be tuned to keep up with 250fs. technically they could be mellow but than they'd be too weak to keep up with 250fs... but some people detune(or really just change the powerband/widen it) for woods riding.

dude, you have no idea.

Smokers rule the woods, why do you think some of the biggest part of KTM's sales are woods smokers?

for the average joe they rule, thats for sure. Enduro pros is about 50/50, and works, mostly 4t..

Ahh you bring out another myth. Guess what? factory riders will ride what the bike maker gives them, and obviously, especially for the big 4, that's a 4poke.

Ahh you bring out another myth. Guess what? factory riders will ride what the bike maker gives them, and obviously, especially for the big 4, that's a 4poke.
Works is more motocross style, the "f's" do better with their superb traction, don't see many riders on 2t's there, factory or not.

Wait so your saying he won't gain any muscle and it won't get any easier? And I have experience from it to because it was hard stepping up from a 85 to a 125 because it's bigger and if that kid has ridden a 500 two stroke he can handle a 450
yea if u can ride a 500 2 stroke u can handle a 450

yea that's true but ktm 2t woods bikes usually have better low end torque than a regular 2t

:picard:

you mean a woods bike has more bottom end than a mxer?

misc-you-dont-say-l.png