my next bike....i need opinions

hey all,a year ago i got my 125 and rode it till i was reving the piss out of it and confident on it,then after 8 months of 125 ripping :banana:,i traded it for a kx 500 and enjoyed it even more,till i found out it was a HOT bike(2 months later) and sold it,to get a kx 250 and rode the bag of that only to blow it up after 10 hours owning it.my fav bike out of them all was the 250 but the funnest i felt was my rm 125.ive never rode a 4 stroke mx bike before and was thinking that a 4 stroke might be a good option for my next mx bike.i am a trail,woods,sand pit rider.i like the powerband of the 2 strokes but now i am looking for more low to mid grunt.i am by no means a pro but am fairly quick in trail and woods terain.i weigh 250 pounds,would a 250f be to small for me or should i go with a 450f,i herd the 450s are more reliable,your opinions would be great,thanks

Well if you enjoyed riding your 125 and it hauled you around ok, a 250F would do it with a little more authority. Now if you were going to ask about a 250 2T vs. a 450 4T. Well its pretty much a toss up. Because both have plenty of power. And since youve already experienced the power of a 500 2T, its my opinion that both the 250 2T and the 450 4T, would be found lacking anyway. So truthfully its going to be your opinion and experience that will dictate what bike you should have for the style and type of riding that you do. If you like the 450 4T low end torque but want to keep riding a 2T machine (and I cant say Id blame you) invest in a fly wheel weight (Crank weight). That will help keep the explosive 2T power a little more managable and give you better low end torque. Not that Im biased. Because if I could afford a 4T machine Id probably own one. But I do love my 2T machine, hence my name.

hey all,a year ago i got my 125 and rode it till i was reving the piss out of it and confident on it,then after 8 months of 125 ripping :banana:,i traded it for a kx 500 and enjoyed it even more,till i found out it was a HOT bike(2 months later) and sold it,to get a kx 250 and rode the bag of that only to blow it up after 10 hours owning it.my fav bike out of them all was the 250 but the funnest i felt was my rm 125.ive never rode a 4 stroke mx bike before and was thinking that a 4 stroke might be a good option for my next mx bike.i am a trail,woods,sand pit rider.i like the powerband of the 2 strokes but now i am looking for more low to mid grunt.i am by no means a pro but am fairly quick in trail and woods terain.i weigh 250 pounds,would a 250f be to small for me or should i go with a 450f,i herd the 450s are more reliable,your opinions would be great,thanks
if you ride woods and sand you need a bigger bike you are in my weight rande and a 250 2t and 450 4t have great power the only thing is 4 strokes are more money to buy the bike then more money and work to keep them running plus if you buy it off Craigslist it's hard to find a 4t that you can trust will last a 2 stroke just spend a 150 bucks on a topend as soon as you get it and don't worry. But in my opinion I will always go 2t just because they have the power are cheaper and sound better lol and I've ridden 450s I will admit they are amazing just too much money for me

im allready 600 into the rebuild and need another 750 to finish just the motor,so i think i will ride it for a while,i guess,and get my moneys worth out of it,when the bikes finnished,i will have spent a total of $1700+the $2500 i payed for the bike =
DSCF3300.jpg
DSCF3337.jpg
DSCF3294.jpg
DSCF3293.jpg
DSCF3339.jpg
DSCF3340.jpg

DSCF3341.jpg

DSCF3344.jpg

plus i have to buy a pipe because the one i had was smashed perdy good so i tried freezing it and it blew an asshole in the side of a seem of a weld,so if im getting a new pipe,might as well get a gnarly pipe and blow some more cash on a 13 0z flywheel weight,and make it a woods machine and turn a 4200 dollar investment into 5 grand

im allready 600 into the rebuild and need another 750 to finish just the motor,so i think i will ride it for a while,i guess,and get my moneys worth out of it,when the bikes finnished,i will have spent a total of $1700+the $2500 i payed for the bike =
DSCF3300.jpg
DSCF3337.jpg
DSCF3294.jpg
DSCF3293.jpg
DSCF3339.jpg
DSCF3340.jpg

DSCF3341.jpg

DSCF3344.jpg

you paid 2500? :shocked: dang.. that sucks man.. Well whenever you get a new bike I recommend a 97-99 RM250, 97 and 98 have 49MM showa dual cartridge conventional forks, 99 has USD's but i recommend those because that was just before they started adding electronics to the carb and PV which makes things super simple to work on for the average Joe. That and you can go wrong with the handling of a Suz :smirk:

lol,in canada prices of bikes are 40 % more,which is bullshit:foul:and the sad thing is is that the bike ,the guy was asking 3500 and i bartered him down to 2500:blah:,then after 10 hours of riding she didnt run very good at all.she only had like 110 psi and when i took the cyl out she was cracked all to hell and scored as well as a shattered and cracked piston.

i have been looking at ktms alot lately to be honest,very tempting to get one,my motor at its current state has the cases with the new crank,seal,bearings,gaskets and so on in it and put back together and tourqued to spec,only thing that needs to be done is clutchbasket,primrary gears and cylinder,im not very far away from fininshing,but my wallet has a diffrent answer that i do XD